Olive

Weekend Estimates: Insurgent 54m | Cinderella $34.5m pg 29

I'm glad we finished with this whole Cinderella has better WOM than Maleficent. :lol:  It will finish way below, both OS and DOM (already 7M behind and the gap keeps increasing ever day).

Also, how the fuck did Insurgent cost 110M to make?! That's almost the same as CF, despite Divergent not being even half as big as the first HG.

• Like 2

I loved Cinderella - I did not like Maleficent at all but movies here are compared all the time and it seems only the Jolie fans take it so seriously & have to defend her to the death!!  I don't know what they are seeing but Cinderella looks to be doing fine to me - Cinderella grossed only $662,000 less than Maleficent yesterday & the reviews & the WOM have been stellar.  Oh & Maleficent was down 58.1% on the same day so not a big difference is there??

This is what was posted today:

Moving to second place yesterday was Disney's Cinderella, off 59 percent from opening day last week to $9.53 million as new competition for the female audience hit the marketplace. Word of mouth remains healthy, though, and BoxOffice is projecting a quick recovery as the film aims for a $34.5 million sophomore frame

Edited by Catty
  • Like 2

I loved Cinderella - I did not like Maleficent at all but movies here are compared all the time and it seems only the Jolie fans take it so seriously & have to defend her to the death!!  I don't know what they are seeing but Cinderella looks to be doing fine to me - Cinderella grossed only $662,000 less than Maleficent yesterday & the reviews & the WOM have been stellar.  Oh & Maleficent was down 58.1% on the same day so not a big difference is there??

I think the difference between Maleficent and Cinderella may be partly due to the Cinderella audience being less male than the Maleficent audience. Cinderella seems to have grown Maleficent's female audience, but that growth is offset by a larger loss of Maleficent's male audience. The results seem to be a slightly worse BO performance for Cinderella, but Cinderella has done a great job of hitting its target demographic.

• Like 3

I think the difference between Maleficent and Cinderella may be partly due to the Cinderella audience being less male than the Maleficent audience. Cinderella seems to have grown Maleficent's female audience, but that growth is offset by a larger loss of Maleficent's male audience. The results seem to be a slightly worse BO performance for Cinderella, but Cinderella has done a great job of hitting its target demographic.

Exactly. This is what I said last weekend. Total girly, girl movie. I don't know any guys rushing off to see it. It's a success regardless with the budget only 95m.

• Like 1

Disappointing on Cinderella, but hey it's doing better than I predicted so YAY! IT HAS GOOD WORD OF MOUTH!

It's doing alright considering Insurgent. It's doing a little worse than Oz despite stronger second weekend competition.

And Lilly James.

wedding-hairstyle-ideas-cinderella-lily-

Nothing wrong there

divergent

previews->friday = 4.9m->22.8m = 4.65x

friday->weekend = 22.8m->54.6m = 2.39x

4.65x->2.39x = 0.52x

insurgent

previews->friday = 4.1m->21.3m = 5.20x

extrapolated (prev->fri)->(fri->wknd) = 5.20x*0.52x = 2.70x

extrapolated friday->weekend = 21.3m*2.70x = 57.5m

iNQ5iG8xzziuZ.gif