Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

Was looking at the content for Get Hard and noticed that Hollywood has became obsessed with penises in comedies. Get Hard, Hall Pass, Hangover 2, Neighbors, We're the Millers, Bad Grandpa, 21 Jump Street. Its actually pretty funny all these movies showed penises (real or fake) and 50 Shades didnt.

• Like 2

I won't be shocked if Get Hard somehow manages to net 30-35 million in its OW, despite the horrible average score of 34 on Metacritic, and a bunch of 1 star reviews.  There are a decent number of people in America whose favorite TV shows to watch are Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, and Jersey Shore.  

Edited by Ando81

I won't be shocked if Get Hard somehow manages to net 30-35 million in its OW, despite the horrible average score of 34 on Metacritic, and a bunch of 1 star reviews.  There are a decent number of people in America whose favorite TV shows to watch are Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, and Jersey Shore.  

You know, there are smart people who just happen to love stupid Will Ferrell comedies too. Trying to draw a correlation between audience intelligence and critically-lambasted movies is pointless. People like what they like, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with intelligence, mental capacity, being a "bottom feeder", liking nothing but trash, and all these other ridiculous stereotypes.

• Like 18

That seems great for both openers tbh. For some reason I never thought Home would be the big flop most were thinking it would be, the marketplace was completely ready for a new major animated title and the stars have been promoting the movie a lot in the weeks leading up to its release.

Yeah. its much more kid-friendly than Cinderella. It has the cute little aliens. But most people were doubting that it could hit 30m, so no revisionist history. 

Edited by babz06

You know, there are smart people who just happen to love stupid Will Ferrell comedies too. Trying to draw a correlation between audience intelligence and critically-lambasted movies is pointless. People like what they like, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with intelligence, mental capacity, being a "bottom feeder", liking nothing but trash, and all these other ridiculous stereotypes.

it wouldn't be a weekend with a hit comedy if ando wasn't here to shame america about it.

• Like 14

But, but... college educated people.

• Like 1

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Like 2

I like a few of them myself.  Specifically Stranger Than Fiction and Anchorman.  But anything that has a 34 on Metacritic is for the bottom feeders of society. Sorry, but it just is.

Quiz the people in line to see this opening weekend and ask if them if they can name one of the U.S. Senators from their own state.  You will get very telling results.

• Like 1

I like a few of them myself.  Specifically Stranger Than Fiction and Anchorman.  But anything that has a 34 on Metacritic is for the bottom feeders of society. Sorry, but it just is.

Quiz the people in line to see this opening weekend and ask if them if they can name one of the U.S. Senators from their own state.  You will get very telling results.

:rofl:

• Like 9

Oh my... :lol:

• Like 4

Home's budget was 132M? Jesus... I didn't know it cost that much.

That's pretty standard for DW.

How to Train Your Dragon - 165M

Kung Fu Panda - 130M

Monsters vs. Aliens - 175M

The Croods - 135M

Megamind - 130M

Bee Movie - 150M

Mr. Peabody - 145M

Rise of the Guardians - 145M

Turbo - 135M

Ironically, though, the animation is actually a little robotic, some of the textures are unfocused, and that was a bit jarring in the movie. Not a huge issue but I thought it was strange for such an expensive movie by a studio that has been doing this for over a decade.

You have to remember this has Rihanna. She's a massive star, has a huge social media reach for the film's promotion, and the film has original songs by her.

That's pretty standard for DW.

How to Train Your Dragon - 165M

Kung Fu Panda - 130M

Monsters vs. Aliens - 175M

The Croods - 135M

Megamind - 130M

Bee Movie - 150M

Mr. Peabody - 145M

Rise of the Guardians - 145M

Turbo - 135M

Ironically, though, the animation is actually a little robotic, some of the textures are unfocused, and that was a bit jarring in the movie. Not a huge issue but I thought it was strange for such an expensive movie by a studio that has been doing this for over a decade.

You have to remember this has Rihanna. She's a massive star, has a huge social media reach for the film's promotion, and the film has original songs by her.

DWA has been cost cutting and outsourcing some of the animation to India in the last few years but the budgets are still higher than Blue Sky, Illumination and WB. SpongeBob cost half of what Home cost to make even with live action and CG.

DWA has been cost cutting and outsourcing some of the animation to India in the last few years but the budgets are still higher than Blue Sky, Illumination and WB. SpongeBob cost half of what Home cost to make even with live action and CG.

Sponge Bob looks poor...

Edited by efialtes76

Home isn't likely going to have the legs The Croods had but it won't be a write down like Peabody, Turbo and Penguins although its budget is $132m so I imagine it needs to do $400m to break even

Why on earth would a kids film have to do $400M to break even on a 132M budget?

Lego Movie was even less than that and has the most impressive animation I've ever seen. :)

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 2

I think I just pissed myself.

tumblr_inline_nllpa5Hvck1t2zszh.gif

• Like 4

Today's my district's last day of school, and a think the rest of schools in the province are also on break, so I'm presuming that most kids in USA and Canada are on break so Home will definitely get a boost.

canada had spring break a couple weeks ago (called march break here) so that's a no-go.

also yes get hard is for bottom feeders but not for the reason that person was saying, it's because it looks racist and homophobic af..

iWuMVn6FVchcV.gif