Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

You should. After all, it is the quotient for your intelligence

I graduated with honor, have a 3.0 GPA, and will be graduating on time. Damn, too bad not knowing my senator negates all of that.

Oh well, nothing wrong with working at the Kangaroo gas station :)

• Like 1

Well explain to me how it works then?

Actually...

Additionally: No derogatory (racial, ethnic, abusive, or otherwise) slurs allowed -- period. Violation of this rule can result in a permanent ban.

BANBANBANBAN

(Though I'm pretty sure a one-off dropping of the N-word is going to go unnoticed.)

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I graduated with honor, have a 3.0 GPA, and will be graduating on time. Damn, too bad not knowing my senator negates all of that.

Oh well, nothing wrong with working at the Kangaroo gas station :)

Knowing your senator is more important than your paltry honor roll, peasant.

Actually...

BANBANBANBAN

(Though I'm pretty sure a one-off dropping of the N-word is going to go unnoticed.)

There's no place in this thread for that crap. This isn't the first time Ando has let his freak flag fly.

• Like 1

There is no way Ando is not a troll. Come on. His posts in this thread have reached a whole new realm of Trying It.

This is not new. But it's ok. If Mods want to they'll get him.

Edited by Ecstasy

intelligence has nothing to do with liking movies but there is something to be said for in this case being able to laugh at problematic humor without feeling bad. that doesn't automatically make you a horrible person it just means you haven't yet evaluated/understood the negative effect for example racism in the media can have in the real world. i believe probably over 90% of people have the capacity to better themselves and come to realize they shouldn't support problematic movies, shows, celebrities, etc, but considering the general atmosphere that social justice isn't ~cool~ people are usually steered away from that kind of personal improvement, which is unfortunate.

iWuMVn6FVchcV.gif

• Like 3

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/poll-millennials-state-senators-114867.html

Americans between 18-33 years old were polled.  That age group is the audience for "Get Hard."  It won't be getting people in their 40s/50s/60s who went to see The Imitation Game.  

3/4 of millennials cannot name a Senator from their own state.  "Get Hard's" audience is lower in intelligence than average...so for them that number will jump to a whopping 80%. 

tumblr_inline_nawpgy9gHp1r4crso.gif

intelligence has nothing to do with liking movies but there is something to be said for in this case being able to laugh at problematic humor without feeling bad. that doesn't automatically make you a horrible person it just means you haven't yet evaluated/understood the negative effect for example racism in the media can have in the real world. i believe probably over 90% of people have the capacity to better themselves and come to realize they shouldn't support problematic movies, shows, celebrities, etc, but considering the general atmosphere that social justice isn't ~cool~ people are usually steered away from that kind of personal improvement, which is unfortunate.

iWuMVn6FVchcV.gif

So who's side are you on?

After reading your post, I'm a wee bit confused.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/poll-millennials-state-senators-114867.html

Americans between 18-33 years old were polled.  That age group is the audience for "Get Hard."  It won't be getting people in their 40s/50s/60s who went to see The Imitation Game.  

3/4 of millennials cannot name a Senator from their own state.  "Get Hard's" audience is lower in intelligence than average...so for them that number will jump to a whopping 80%. 

Well, GH will open very big here too and you can bet we don't know your senators, so...

4022044-5825057336-tumbl.gif

Also, there are a lot of brilliant people not interested in politics.

are home, lilo and stitch, E.T., and many other movies/stories not just all of the same popular archetype? i'm just happy the public is supporting a kids' movie starring a woman of color, it's important for kids that aren't white to see themselves represented as heroes on the big screen too, and the less flops the better for future representation :)

Yes, all films are inspired by others. But Home has IDENTICAL plot points, shots and dialogue to Lilo & Stitch.

• Like 1