CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

No way. 130M at most, and that is me being generous.

3D propping it up as well. 130M means 80% of Divergent's total, but probably 60-70% (maybe less, not sure what the 3D share is) of Divergent's audience.

If Furious 7 had gone out in 3D and got the same audience it is getting now with a 40% 3D share (low balling it since all large formats only play 3D) it would be looking at a 185M OW.

• Like 1

First MLK weekend, after that the President's weekend, and now the Easter weekend. Damn. We have a lot of places for big blockbusters now thanks to 2015.

Presidents Day weekend and Easter Weekend were proven spots prior to 2015 though.....

MLK weekend is the one that's being highlighted in recent years  because movies like Ride Along and now American Sniper.. 

It depends on who dies, tho. This is really a bad thing to say, but I am gonna say it just to explain my point:

-If Jai Courtney died in this moment, Terminator Genysis would receive 0 bump from that;

-If it was Emilia Clarke instead, not only would ratings grow even bigger for GoT, but it would also give TG a small bump;

-If it was Arnold Schwarzenegger instead, you can bet TG would make 300M DOM and 1B WW.

yes exactly. it depends how tied to the franchise they are I agree. robin williams' death didn't exactly bump up museum 3 in any way.

• Like 2

Why not? Tyrese is pretty awesome. The energy in the last three Fast movies somehow jumped another level every time he was on screen.

he is an entertaining actor but not really a good one. I think Green Lantern needs a good actor. 

• Like 1

It's going to fall much more than $54M today.

First of all yesterday was Good Friday. So the Fri-Sat drop will be even bigger than usual for a highly expected sequel.

Second, this is the one that absolutely everyone needed to rush out and see on Friday.

And third, it made $16M on Thursday. So you're actually expecting it to go UP Fri - Sat? (excluding Thursday)

I see it doing around $40M today, give or take.

I gave it

Fri: 67.3m

Sat: 50.5m

Sun: 32.8m

OW: 150.6m

My thoughts re: Walker, not that anyone cares- I don't think there's more than 100 people in America who saw this movie, or TDK, ONLY because they wanted to see Walker or Ledger one more time, or they were curious to see their last role, or because they wanted to pay respects. I really don't think the movies made much more money explicitly because of the deaths. But I do think they had a massive implicit effect on them. Walker's death led to massive media coverage of the franchise, a ton of grassroots buzz, and an outpouring of attention from traditional and non-traditional media outlets in the run-up to the movie. This greatly magnified the overall buzz about the film, and that buzz buildup drove increased interest in the franchise. So while I don't think people are going to see the movie just because of Walker, I think his death (And Ledger's death) escalated the noise around the franchise so much that it reached a new group of people and created a different audience.

• Like 2

I'm at the theater, starts in 5 minutes. Lord grant me Mad Max trailer

It didnt look the same on my screen. Idk if it was the projection or what, but It looked better on my crystal clear ipad screen. Sorry Teletub.

I would be happy with anything over 120M so this just icing on the cake. Nobody should be disappointed with your scenario.

Yes.... the fact that we are even talking about 300m for a F&F movie is simply something quite amazing and would have been crazy talk 5 years back.

Yes.... the fact that we are even talking about 300m for a F&F movie is simply something quite amazing and would have been crazy talk 5 years back.

There was some people calling for $300M for Fast 6 back in 2012.

I find it kind of weird that no huge tent pole has released on Easter weekend the past few years, and now we get 2 big ones in consecutive years ( and then Pacific Rim 2 to break that streak again unless studios see Furious 7 and BvS and move their big movies there).

I find it kind of weird that no huge tent pole has released on Easter weekend the past few years, and now we get 2 big ones in consecutive years ( and then Pacific Rim 2 to break that streak again unless studios see Furious 7 and BvS and move their big movies there).

Breh. Easter in 2017 is on April 16 which means the movie opening is... Ghost in the Shell. 

• Like 1

Breh. Easter in 2017 is on April 16 which means the movie opening is... Ghost in the Shell. 

if it's as full of nakedness as the original cartoon then it'll open to more than furious 7. but it won't be so expect like a Lucy opening at best.