Avatree

Rubbish modern popular actors?

Keanu is perfect for Speed and The Matrix, and gave a charming comedic performance in Something's Gotta Give. I also love him in Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing, where he's put to a great use as a character who basically walks onto the set, says "I am the villain", stares at everyone with utter contempt for 15 minutes, then rides off. He's also one of those actors who simply need the right roles. 

• Like 1

Jennifer Lawrence is a great actress. Her performance in Catching Fire is absolutely phenomenal. 

Angelina Jolie may not have a very good filmography - but she's a very charismatic performer. She was fantastic in Changeling and that movie she won an Oscar for.

Jolie is way above Lawrence, in both charisma and talent.

This thread is mean spirited.

Though I can agree a bit on some, Portman is difficult to dislike because she s so godamn beautiful and she pulled out a great perf in Black Swan and a great kid performance in Leon.

Lol, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, yeah, they deserve each other. Reynolds can be good here and there but yeah, he s been shoved down our throats as the next big thing, still not happening despite countless efforts. White male privilege anyone ? Maybe Deadpool will finally do it.

Anne Hathaway can overract a bit but I like her in general.

I d say the current darling of indie filmmaking, Mia Dullikowska is so dull to me, always the same face in all her films, so boring.

I never understood the Keanu Reeves s bashing. Always liked him.

Ah and yes Sienna Miller, don t know what is happening she s being cast in countless prestige projects in the last 3 years and I dont t know why. Her team must be working their ass off.

Edited by The Futurist

Dwayne Johnson is one charismatic Sob.

Enough for me.

Hel ll never get Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender or Leo Dicaprio parts but who cares ?

He s gonna save miss Daddario from an earthquake, better than lots of AMPAS fare as a premise.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Leo DiCaprio annoys me because it seems extremely overly serious in interviews and looks down on all Non Oscar bait movies. His fans who always scream he should win an Oscar every year also are annoying.

I've always wondered what Leo would do if they sat him down and had him read off some of the various memes all over the Internet about how desperate he is to win an Oscar. Probably would be even more awkward than that time they had Ryan Gosling reading all the memes about him out there.

J. Edgar was the only Oscar bait type movie Di Caprio has made in the last 5 years, and it totally backfired on him, too. Meanwhile Shutter Island, Inception, Django and Wolf were all pretty adventurous and challenging projects and roles that might not even have got the greenlight without him, so I don't get the criticism. 

Leo DiCaprio annoys me because he seems extremely overly serious in interviews and looks down on all Non Oscar bait movies. His fans who always scream he should win an Oscar every year also are annoying.

I think he is a really good actor, but he is definitely not one of my favorites, partially because he seems conceded and stuck up.   

The Rock and Vin Diesel are like classic Arnold. They aren't great actors, per se, but they have a lot of charisma and can carry a film. I have no problem with either.

For me, the answer would be someone like Renee Zellweger. She has been the low point of every film I have seen her in.

I love Seth Rogen movies and will be the first in line to go watch them, but I'll admit Seth Rogen himself is a pretty awful actor. Usually though his movies are surrounded with enough talent he brings in that it doesn't matter that he sucks himself.