CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TLR - 13.5M; Furious 7 - 60.5M; Home - 19M [F7 - 63M OD in China!]

Fast and Furious is as stupid as Transformers.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

Expect more posts like this in the future.

One just happens to be far more entertaining than the others.

• Like 1

Furious 7

Fast & Furious 6

Fast Five 

Transformers

The Fast and the Furious

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Fast & Furious

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

F&F wins!

This has nothing to do with Bay. FF7 is grade A stupidity but the action sequences work because we actually have a connection to the characters because we have been through a lot with them plus they work so well together.

TF (excluding Shia) is filled with empty characters who shout at the screen when something blows up. There is no chemistry between any of them and they are basically just macguffins to drive to another explosion or location.

I agree with all of this.

Levels of stupidity are still on par though.

One just happens to be far more entertaining than the others.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Any movie that stops the music and takes massive dramatic pauses before Vin Diesel delivers a one-liner multiple times one movie has clearly weaponized stupidity into a self-aware, tongue-in-cheek blast. Transformers is constructed with every ounce of its fiber to be a legitimate movie and not a tongue-in-cheek ride. Fast is the Colbert Report to Transformers O'Reilly Factor.

• Like 5

Bay is Satan. Bay is so st00pid that he isn t self aware you see. He doesn t know he does dumb. He thinks Transformers are real.

Justin Lin and James Wan are freaking pop corn movies geniuses. Fast and Furious is so witty and clever in its self awareness it s admirable.

No doubt about it.

Edited by The Futurist

Bay is Satan. Bay is so st00pid that he isn t self aware you see. He doesn t know he does dumb. He thinks Transformers are real.

Justin Lin and James Wan are freaking pop corn movies geniuses. Fast and Furious is so witty and clever in its self awareness it s admirable.

No doubt about it.

Holy shit, I love seeing how butthurt you are.

In interviews Vin Diesel compares Fast and Furious to the Godfather, his main inspiration for the franchise.

Makes sense.

Butthurt and proud, honey.

Any movie that stops the music and takes massive dramatic pauses before Vin Diesel delivers a one-liner multiple times one movie has clearly weaponized stupidity into a self-aware, tongue-in-cheek blast. Transformers is constructed with every ounce of its fiber to be a legitimate movie and not a tongue-in-cheek ride. Fast is the Colbert Report to Transformers O'Reilly Factor.

colbert-high-five-gif.gif

In interviews Vin Diesel compares Fast and Furious to the Godfather, his main inspiration for the franchise.

Makes sense.

Butthurt and proud, honey.

Did you see my note above?

Edited by Neo
  • Like 2

No doubt about it.

FF is not self aware as far as I'm concerned, it's far too melodramatic. It's boring, uninteresting, unfunny and dumb.

But Michael Bay is just on another level. He thinks he's funny, he thinks he's smart, and he just isn't. His movies are absolutely foul. I don't like Fast and Furious but I don't hate it. Bay movies just make me want to hurt someone.

• Like 1

The only thing Transformers has over Fast & Furious is that TJ Miller showed up in one of the Transformers movies. Once he's in Fa8t or F9st it'll be game over

• Like 3

Where does that leave Battleship?