#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

3 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

only 2 x  ow avegage in each territory thats a little low

It will do around 2.3-2.4x.

Some markets such as China, India will have 1.8-2x multiplier, while some such as UK, Japan etc. will have over 2.5x multiplier. Most will fall in the 2-2.5x range though.

Let's see what the opening number is first..... I'm thinking 260-280M OW.

9 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

only 2 x  ow avegage in each territory thats a little low

You have to take into account that this is not an usual OW. In many markets it is quite inflated given the holidays. In Spain films use to be released on Friday, Bt this one has been released on Wednesday, being both Thursday and Friday national holidays. Drop next weekend should be huge.

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

You have to take into account that this is not an usual OW. In many markets it is quite inflated given the holidays. In Spain films use to be released on Friday, Bt this one has been released on Wednesday, being both Thursday and Friday national holidays. Drop next weekend should be huge.

It wasn't for F7 same weekend

Biggest first Friday at the overseas BO

Movie                                       Friday      Cume after Friday

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2       $75M            $157.5M

2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice               $67.2M          $115.3M

3. Jurassic World                                                   $60M             $130M

4. Furious 7                                                          $59.2M          $120.6M

5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens                          $56.8M          $129.5M

6. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides      $46.2M           $92.1M

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

It wasn't for F7 same weekend

Looking at BOM foreign section, the markets where F7 was released the same weekend than BvS this year opened to $250m and in those territories the film grossed about $700m (we have to exclude China, Japan, russia and Poland since F7 started later in those countries), so x2.8 multiplier. Considering the better reception it had and that BvS should be more frontloaded than F7, I guess that a lower multiplier for this is logical.

1 minute ago, peludo said:

Looking at BOM foreign section, the markets where F7 was released the same weekend than BvS this year opened to $250m and in those territories the film grossed about $700m (we have to exclude China, Japan, russia and Poland since F7 started later in those countries), so x2.8 multiplier. Considering the better reception it had and that BvS should be more frontloaded than F7, I guess that a lower multiplier for this is logical.

I'm not sure the WOM will be as negative as some people say it will be and i think they will be equally frontloaded as F7 is the seventh movie in the franchise 

Furious 7 dropped 55.3% from its opening. It made $250.5M on OW and then $198.7M on its 2nd weekend (incl. opneers: $68.8M from China, $15,9M in Russia and $2.1M in Poland). Holdovers made $111.9M on its second weekend.

BvS OW will include Russia and China (and Japan - in which Furious 7 was released later). Therefore even with a $270M OW, it should be happy to reach $750M.

Edited by Quigley

1 hour ago, boomboom234 said:

I'm not sure the WOM will be as negative as some people say it will be and i think they will be equally frontloaded as F7 is the seventh movie in the franchise 

Don't get me wrong. I wish you are right, but I prefer to be cautious

2 hours ago, Fake said:

Combined with 350-375M domestic, it will finish right around $1B mark.

Way to low IMO. With $170 mln OW, DOM should be $385-410 mln.

OS over TDKR ($637 mln) is the target.

Friday BO in Key markets

The UK- $9M

India -$2.54M 

Japan -$1.2M

Taiwan -$905K

Mexico -$4.3M/$9.6M

Australia -$3M/$5.6M

Brazil -$3M/$6.6M

Germany -$2.4M/$5.1M

Korea- $1.7M/$3.4M

Russia -$1.6M/ $3.6M