#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

24 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Neh, no battles here, I just don't like the way tentpole super-hero movies are being treated (found AoU totally insipid). Anywho, bad reviews don't necessarily affect box office success. CinemaScore and WoM, that's another story!

Does the movie open today anywhere?

According iMDB, it opens today in Belgium, Egypt, Spain, Finland, France, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, Kuwait, Norway, Sweden and Tunisia.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

It annoys me to see many people hoping this fails. Just so Marvel can dominate.

Reminds me of the Pixar - Illumination battle last summer.

Anyhow, I hope it's a success box office wise now that critics killed it.

It wasn't a Studios vs Studios battle, it was a High Quality vs Shit battle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As much as i love Pixar and as i'm looking forward to Finding Dory's box office performance and how it does.......let's not act like Pixar is THE only animation studio to make great movies.

That's just plain ridiculous and childish. People act like Pixar movies are better than every Non-Pixar movie....when in reality, it's not always true. It's called opinions. 

The reason why Illumination's Minions did better than Pixar's Inside Out, WW-wise...last year....is because: A. People seemed to enjoy it. B. The marketing on Minions was stronger.

I like both movies.....but man....let's not act like ONLY Pixar movies should have the praises, because......amazing quality isn't always a guarantee for them nowadays....see "The Good Dinosaur" for example.

Other animated studios like Blue-Sky, Dreamworks, Illumination, Sony & Disney...have good animated films of their own too.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Saw it, other than pacing issues in the first act (no doubt the extended version with 30 extra min will clean that up), I feel it's really great. Really dense though, that might surprise people.

Nice to read that. Is the plot strong enough to make people (fans/general audience) appreciate the movie as a movie?

I think the script is a really fine piece of work, it's more sophisticated than your typical superhero film for sure, Terrio clearly brought something to the table. The plot is strong for me, but the first act is really dense, but when it comes into focus, and we get to the great stuff, that's where the audience will eat it up. 

The critics are wrong on this one imo.

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

As much as i love Pixar and as i'm looking forward to Finding Dory's box office performance and how it does.......let's not act like Pixar is THE only animation studio to make great movies.

That's just plain ridiculous and childish. People act like Pixar movies are better than every Non-Pixar movie....when in reality, it's not always true. It's called opinions. 

The reason why Illumination's Minions did better than Pixar's Inside Out, WW-wise...last year....is because: A. People seemed to enjoy it. B. The marketing on Minions was stronger.

I like both movies.....but man....let's not act like ONLY Pixar movies should have the praises, because......amazing quality isn't always a guarantee for them nowadays....see "The Good Dinosaur" for example.

Other animated studios like Blue-Sky, Dreamworks, Illumination, Sony & Disney...have good animated films of their own too.

1. No, It's called facts.

2. Was because it had a strong brand behind it, unlike IO, that was an original masterpiece, you can't expect an original movie to beat a sequel, at least, not OS, and let's not forget that IO had zero help from China, unlike Zootopia and Minnions.

3. TGD has no 'amazing quality', especially coming after IO.

4. The difference between these studios and Pixar is that they has few movies that can be considered actually good, unlike Pixar that has a whole catalogue full of masterpieces.

5. This is not the right topic for this discussion, let's hope that BVS will make at least $650m WW, so, it will have a chance at $1B WW.