#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

As much as i love Pixar and as i'm looking forward to Finding Dory's box office performance and how it does.......let's not act like Pixar is THE only animation studio to make great movies.

That's just plain ridiculous and childish. People act like Pixar movies are better than every Non-Pixar movie....when in reality, it's not always true. It's called opinions. 

The reason why Illumination's Minions did better than Pixar's Inside Out, WW-wise...last year....is because: A. People seemed to enjoy it. B. The marketing on Minions was stronger.

I like both movies.....but man....let's not act like ONLY Pixar movies should have the praises, because......amazing quality isn't always a guarantee for them nowadays....see "The Good Dinosaur" for example.

Other animated studios like Blue-Sky, Dreamworks, Illumination, Sony & Disney...have good animated films of their own too.

Show me another animation studio with the winning streak Pixar showed from 1995-2010, 9 fantastic movies and 2 really good ones (Cars, A Bug's Life). 

• Like 1

BvS opens in Italy (on wed instead of as usual on thu, but we are into Easter week) with 889K€ and a record number of presales. This is in line with the last bat-movie (TDKR) that opens in a preview wed at 800K€ and ended its entire opening week at 6,9M$ (basing of level of presales and strong marketing, BvS could collect 10M+ over the Easter Monday) and significantly better than Man of Steel that collected 1,82M€ in its entire first weekend. 

18 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

As much as i love Pixar and as i'm looking forward to Finding Dory's box office performance and how it does.......let's not act like Pixar is THE only animation studio to make great movies.

That's just plain ridiculous and childish. People act like Pixar movies are better than every Non-Pixar movie....when in reality, it's not always true. It's called opinions. 

The reason why Illumination's Minions did better than Pixar's Inside Out, WW-wise...last year....is because: A. People seemed to enjoy it. B. The marketing on Minions was stronger.

I like both movies.....but man....let's not act like ONLY Pixar movies should have the praises, because......amazing quality isn't always a guarantee for them nowadays....see "The Good Dinosaur" for example.

Other animated studios like Blue-Sky, Dreamworks, Illumination, Sony & Disney...have good animated films of their own too.

Agreed, but the average Pixar movie is significantly better than the average movie of any other studio. Not just that, the average Pixar movie is very good. You are gambling against the odds when you think a Pixar film won't be good. On the other hand, you are gambling against the odds when you think that a DW, Sony Blue-Sky or Illumination film will be good. Obviously there are outliers but the best you can do is assume it won't be good. The very few times it will be good, the word of mouth will make sure you'll find out.

THe only point I disagree is about Minions vs IO. I think it make perfect sense to not use the argument that a movie earned more money therefore it was a better qulaity film. There are hundredsof example that show the contrary.

Edited by Quigley

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

33% on RT with 137 reviews. That number really shocked me. I don't think I'm waching the movie in cinemas anymore...

As efialtes said, forget critics. I have not seen the film yet, but some people I know say they have enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Let's not forget that the average rating is more telling than the percentage itself. It's literally split down the middle, the very definition of a mixed reception, and not outright negative.

The avg rating is the avg score critics give it, it does not mean reviews are split down the middle because it a 5.2/10.  Right now only 1/3rd of critics recommend it and even reading the reviews the majority of those that recommend it don't love it and say it has problems. 

That doesn't mean the audience will agree though right now the audience reviews on IMDB and Flixter are dropping fast.  And even then the audience is not a monolith just like critics are not a monolith.  So if you're excited for it go see it.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

33% on RT with 137 reviews. That number really shocked me. I don't think I'm waching the movie in cinemas anymore...

It's not TDK but it's a movie that you should definitely catch in the theatres.  

France OD - 196,016

MOS =  215 242 / 1 055 000 / 2 303 000 

Deadpool = 285 711 / 1 576 000 

The dark knight rises = 423 970 / 1 836 000 / 4 414 000 

Avengers 2 = 330 303 / 1 926 000 / 4 326 000