#ED

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Vision picking up the hammer was both the best moment for me; and the best moment for my audience

Top 5 moments that elicited the most amount of laughter and euphoria during both of my showings (in order of appearance):

• War Machine story validation!
  • Cap budging Mjolnir + Thor's reaction
  • Go to sleep! Go to sleep! 
  • Hey could you help us with our tractor?
  • Vision Mjolnir ownage

Top 5 moments that elicited the most amount of laughter and euphoria during both of my showings (in order of appearance):

• Vision Mjolnir ownage

- War Machine... Yes

- Catholic bunny rabbits... Yes!

- The stuff in Africa... Yes.

- Support your avenging... Yes!-

- Klause... Yes.

- Floating city... Wonderfully imaginative and pulped out bizarro villain plot

- Stark Party... All of it. Yes.

- Vision... All of it. Yes.

• Vision Mjolnir ownage

The one when Hulked spit out his tooth, and Tony guiltily said 'I'm sorry' got good reactions from my showings as well.

As did the Lamguage running joke. I like that one, one of the small things that makes the Avengers feel like a close team.

As did the Lamguage running joke. I like that one, one of the small things that makes the Avengers feel like a close team.

Yeah, it's these small things that Whedon weaves into his ensembles to make them really feel like a close knit family. That's why I was grateful that the Russos showed a semblance of understanding for what Joss does so well. Nat constantly talking romantic prospects for Steve in WS was sweet and felt like something JW would do.

• Like 1

I'm finding all the 'Cap should've or could've lifted Mjolnir' stuff amusing. He couldn't and at the end of the movie he even justified Vision picking it up jokingly along with Tony to Thor for them to save face.

No amount of analysis on Evans' face while he tries to lift it will change that. That's the definition of reaching.

He'll prob pick it up later it just won't have the same weight it would have before.

I loved every scene with Vision.

"Elevator's not worthy" :lol: Love that whole scene with the Big Three, I want more of it.

The fixation around who can and can't, should and shouldn't lift Mjolnir, most of it jut seem like a specific version of obsessive power level discussion to me. 'My favorite is better than your favorite'

The only of the main Avengers who I could see ever picking up the hammer is Cap. Him moving it a fraction indicated that he could one day pick it up, he just has to advance from a man between two worlds to a man with a clear vision for the world he is in. I think that's what will happen in Civil War to some extent.

Image result for superman hammer shield

/end :)

The audience loved Cap barely moving the Hammer (along with Thor's reaction) and Vision picking up the hammer in both of my viewings of the movie.

Edited by Punishment

I have some of the same issues with the movie as have posted by others here.

I enjoyed the the opening and the lead up to Ultron, but things slowed down a bit too much and the pacing just never really caught up until the final act.  I particularly did not care for the Banner/Black Widow romance, that was a big miss for me.  I did like the Hawkeye sub-plot though, I just wish they would have moved things along a bit better.  Ultron was okay as the villian and I really liked vision, hopefully he gets used a bit more in upcoming movies.

I give the movie a B-

Whedon needed to shave about 15-20 minutes off of the final product.

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

I saw this again last night. I enjoyed it more the second time, I would still rank it under the first and the winter soldier, but I do have it at #3 in the MCU. I refuse to believe that Ultron is dead though. He's never gone for good, he always comes back at some point. I think it'd be cool if he came back in phase 4 or 5.

• Like 1

I have some of the same issues with the movie as have posted by others here.

I enjoyed the the opening and the lead up to Ultron, but things slowed down a bit too much and the pacing just never really caught up until the final act.  I particularly did not care for the Banner/Black Widow romance, that was a big miss for me.  I did like the Hawkeye sub-plot though, I just wish they would have moved things along a bit better.  Ultron was okay as the villian and I really liked vision, hopefully he gets used a bit more in upcoming movies.

I give the movie a B-

Whedon needed to shave about 15-20 minutes off of the final product.

I also liked Hawkeye subplot more than Banner/Widow shipping, but I would say he needed to add 15-20 minutes to the movie, not shave it off. This is the most rushed and awkwardly-edited blockbuster I've seen since AOTC.

Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 2

Okay Marvel hardcore fans, help me out here.

Is there a legitimate comics reason as to why Vision was able to lift Mjolnir? I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't. Please don't say "oh it's a movie, it doesn't have to match the comics" or "they did it because it was fun".

If there is no legitimate comics reason for Vision picking up Mjolnir, then just tell me straight so my mind can be at peace on this matter.

Edited by Gonk
  • Like 1

Okay Marvel hardcore fans, help me out here.

Is there a legitimate comics reason as to why Vision was able to lift Mjolnir? I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't. Please don't say "oh it's a movie, it doesn't have to match the comics" or "they did it because it was fun".

If there is no legitimate comics reason for Vision picking up Mjolnir, then just tell me straight so my mind can be at peace on this matter.

Either,

He's worthy or he's not considered a living being. Elevator's not worthy, yo.

(Honestly I'm not sure but I assume it's because Mjolnir considers Vision worthy. Perhaps his naivety allows him to be good natured)

• Like 3

This was even more mediocre than the first film. Everything is so unnecessarily massive and childish at the same time, I hate how easily they solve their massive problems (destroying the "meteor" was actually pretty easy) and how ridiculously melodramatic the film gets for very small reasons (in the end Vision seemed to be just like another average hero). The whole "our next enemy is even stronger" gets really annoying when the first one was already trying to destroy the whole world (and they still need to beat Thanos), and since the fights need to be as massive as the villains' intentions you just get a lot of stuff happening in mid-air instead of well-crafted fight strategies.

You also have the classic marvel "30-minute-into-the-movie fight" in which nothing really happens and serves only to show the villain to the audience. But this time they managed to insert even more fights in which nothing really happens along the film, it really felt like there was no plot to be developed.

I guess I'm done with MCU, I'll stick to X-men films, which are, imo, the only good stuff Marvel Studios has been putting out.

I just hope DC films don't get watered down and simplistic like this when they start with the crossovers.

40/100

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 5