Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

So it's opening "day" will last from 7pm April 30 to 3am May 2. Basically meaningless.

Some theatres will do what they call "end of day trade" so if that's after 1a 2a 3 am , other will cut say at say 12 and even if end of day trade is cut at 3am the other couple hours will go into next day.

It also varies when the studio get the BO reports in for billing at end of week it is in most cased based on end of day trade so if for "flash gross" the theatre gave a  Saturday figure cut of at say 12a the end of week BO report most likely have Sat thru last session  say Sunday 3am. It all comes out in wash.

If theatre is playing 24hrs there has to be a day cut at some point.

• Like 9

A Cinemascore. Well deserved, one of the best superhero films of all time. Will be watching it several times this weekend. 

Man, it's not even the best superhero film released in the past six months.

Some theatres will do what they call "end of day trade" so if that's after 1a 2a 3 am , other will cut say at say 12 and even if end of day trade is cut at 3am the other couple hours will go into next day.

It also varies when the studio get the BO reports in for billing at end of week it is in most cased based on end of day trade so if for "flash gross" the theatre gave a  Saturday figure cut of at say 12a the end of week BO report most likely have Sat thru last session  say Sunday 3am. It all comes out in wash.

If theatre is playing 24hrs there has to be a day cut at some point.

Hey Rth!  Are matinee/evening breakdowns ever made available anywhere?  I've been trying to build up an archive for those for the bigger openers, curious as to how this breaks down.  

13 years ago, $100 million in a weekend was an indescribable triumph. Now, the same amount in one day is a potential reality.

Even Disney is probably reacting this way:

waEz7.gif

SHAWN IS ALIVE

PRAISE THE WHEDON

PRAISE THE CAPTAIN

PRAISE THE MARVEL

• Like 1

So around 90m OD. Still fantastic. Also thinking it will wind up between 210m and 215m.

Its no coincidence I predicted 211m in baumers summer game ;)

That's why you cut out the midnights and the thursday previews.  True opening day numbers are from when the theater opens on that day (10 or 11am or so for most places) until closing which is after midnight saturday.

Including midnights in the friday number means your "Friday" is actually 27 hours long or so.  So having showtimes start at 7pm really is just 5 extra hours, not 8 extra hours.

This is, I swear or ban me from this thread, the last time I'll say this

But I think it may go down as one of my biggest movie-in-theater regrets is that I didn't get to see a packed crowd react to the Star Wars trailer. I'd honestly pay to see AoU again tomorrow just to see that, but no way without it guaranteed.

Oh well, it's out of my control, so whatever.