Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

From a box office point of view this film was the most certain film to break the opening weekend record since Spider Man 3.

DH2 had some doubts,

TDK/TA blew past expectations.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'd like for that to happen cause I think it deserves it after such an abysmal fight and all the hype an whatnot.. That did hurt Saturday for sure and I bet a lot of people wish they hadn't of ordered that PPV, not to mention, all of St.Louis County and City had a PPV Blackout and will definitely be asking for refunds cause of it..

BKB, how are you feeling that TA2 is probably not going to end up past $500m?

I'm really disappointed in that, YES... I think the fight boned MARVEL'S weekend outlook and would've been much higher had this fight not been scheduled for this weekend..

But I'm not talking about OW. 

AV1 and AV2 are both very lucky in comparison to most other huge blockbuster films that had to face a lot of stiff competition from their second weekend. 

I predicted $520m for AV2, but it's definitely not going to top that. 

I'd like for that to happen cause I think it deserves it after such an abysmal fight and all the hype an whatnot.. That did hurt Saturday for sure and I bet a lot of people wish they hadn't of ordered that PPV, not to mention, all of St.Louis County and City had a PPV Blackout and will definitely be asking for refunds cause of it..

BKB you said about a thousand times in this thread that the fight would have zero effect on the weekend gross, now you're saying it had an effect. Which is it?

• Like 1

I love how the crazy love people have for Winter Soldier make them put the Russos on a pedestal.

I ll wait for Civil War to do that.

Fans are quick to put directors on high pedestal, and even quicker at kicking them down to the pit bottom.

There are already many salivating over how the Russo bros will swoop in and save this Avengers franchise that Whedon "deliberately sabotaged". Apparently they will definitely make right all the terrible characterizations that Whedon did (nevermind that itt's the characterizations that were so praised in TA) cause of course, they know how to write characters better, as evidenced in CA2. Oh wait...

It's just hilarious and sad really.

• Like 7

Falling below IM3's dailies is definitely disapppinting

Makes IM3 actually more impressive now. 

This prove once and for all that it really IS Iron Man and friends! He really is the most popular Avenger right now all thanks to RDJ. :o

Issue is beating to TA

Is that you have to break the opening day by a massive amount and not collapse on Saturday and Sunday.

Meaning a film can open to 100 but does 100/60/45 then well still under TA.

What we saw was a bigger opening day but well not holding well over the weekend in comparison. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

This prove once and for all that it really IS Iron Man and friends! He really is the most popular Avenger right now all thanks to RDJ. :o

I love Tony Stark in TA and AOU but I haven't enjoyed him in his own movies since IM1. I hope Marvel wouldn't take this as a sign to green-light IM4.