Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

And there was a reason for that and it sure wasn't the Quality of the movie, but a piss poor fight that really should've been held on HBO or SHOWTIME for FREE... Fuck those 2 for the amount of $$$$ they made last night and when you're dealing with $$$$ like that for a fight, you expect to see a K.O..

You can't say the fight was the sole reason. Avengers 2 had a much more front-loaded preview to OD ratio than AV1 and IM3.

WoM isn't bad, but it's nothing to write home about either.

Avengers' Saturday and Sunday grosses are easily the most impressive numbers in Marvel history.

Not only Marvel but they are impressive in box office history. 

Saturday is impressive box office number because in terms of a box office day (no midnight or previews) its the biggest ever apart from Spider Man 3 and it was its 2nd day! 

The Sunday is most impressive ever, beat the old record by a third and best ever in ticket sold.

Yep an DH2 wins with most impressive midnight and Friday/Opening Day gross. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Saturday is impressive box office number because in terms of a box office day (no midnight or previews) its the biggest ever apart from Spider Man 3 and it was its 2nd day! 

The Sunday is most impressive ever, beat the old record by a third and best ever in ticket sold.

Yeah, we can see that theaters definitely underestimated the first Avengers by not giving it enough screens. Many people had to wait until Saturday or Sunday to finally see it because of the sellouts. :)

Fans are quick to put directors on high pedestal, and even quicker at kicking them down to the pit bottom.

There are already many salivating over how the Russo bros will swoop in and save this Avengers franchise that Whedon "deliberately sabotaged". Apparently they will definitely make right all the terrible characterizations that Whedon did (nevermind that itt's the characterizations that were so praised in TA) cause of course, they know how to write characters better, as evidenced in CA2. Oh wait...

It's just hilarious and sad really.

Those people are idiots. Characterisations has been the best part of TA and AOU.

Black Widow is the only character that got killed character-wise imo, having her fall for BB is just so out of character and unconvincing.

If only the audience could believe that these great characters were facing the 'real' dangers and hopelessness their assemble would be more appreciated.

Edited by KATCH 22

I for one will admit I'm shocked at AOU not getting the OW record, is this still an amazing opening yeah it will have the 2nd biggest OW ever and likely hold that spot for the next few years outside of BvS catching the lighting in the bottle which to me is a killer marketing campaign, weak to no competition and amazing reviews and buzz.

Even then though still I fully expected this to break the OW didn't think it would hit 600+ Dom but idk it is disappointing. Visiting this site reading people's reasons behind it yeah I bought into the hype. Maybe more people felt this one just wasn't as special as the first one. Which did lead to good WOM just not great like the first had.

Sorry to beat a very dead horse, but with inflation, sooner or later, all Avengers "records" will be smashed.

Nature of the Beast.

Yep but has taken more time then expected 

Well, there was the mini-meltdown over the Rth factor, but I came to terms with it and moved on.. It's just when you see numbers like 100-114M OD being posted, you get very enthusiastic over that only to wake up the next day and have all that dashed and it sucked.. I did apologize for it, but still.. Next time, I won't be so quick to accepting numbers that early..

To be fair, the people attacking you over the Rth comments were having more of a meltdown than you.

• Like 3