Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Perspective.

I've listed below films and their immediate sequels that I consider to be genuine phenomenons like the first Avengers movie was. Movies that adjust to over $500 million on their first runs.

Now tell me....

Does anyone spot a pattern here?

Star Wars - $307.3 million

Empire Strikes Back - $209.4 million

Jurassic Park - $357.1 million

The Lost World - $229.1 million

Batman $251.2 million

Batman Returns $162.8 million

Home Alone - $285.8 million

Home Alone 2 - $173.6 million

Raiders of the Lost Ark - $212.2 million

Temple of Doom - $179.9 million

Spider-Man - $403.7 million

Spider-Man 2 - $373.6 million

The Dark Knight - $534.9 million

The Dark Knight Rises - $448.2 million

The Phantom Menace - $431.1 million

Attack of the Clones - $302.2 million.

I think that just about sums up just how ridiculous some of you guys are being about Ultron's massive opening.

Ultimately, this was the sequel to a phenomenon like all of the above were - not just a huge hit.

There is a difference. If it now finishes under $500 million domestic - well so what? History already told us it would.

A bunch of the movies you list here opened bigger than their predecessors.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

You guys back off. Who are you calling when you are worried and need the earliest accurate estimates for your fave movies which no one else can give ?RTH. He was wrong today does not mean he is wrong always. He was right when I usually track box office and I give him credit for that. Ya'll are a mess.

Nnooopeee! He was wrong on like the BIGGEST weekend in like, three years! That is like sooooo bad you should listen to me instead!

/sarcasm

• Like 1

I mean people might think these movies all look similar and just not see them.

meh, people have been saying that for years. Marvel movies at this point are guaranteed entertainment. It Ant-Man has decent reviews and s entertaining, it will do fine

Furious 7 is the peak but since it's so high, the franchise still has a lot of room to fall and yet be financially successful nevertheless

Being saying this since I don't know when.

Silver lining of this:

There's no way Star Wars misses #1 domestic of the year. :D

The only trailer people were clapping at the end and going ga-ga at the initial LucalFilm logo.

This movie will explode. But is it really more crazy than Harry Potter?

Remember when Sith made $50 million in first day and that was the record back then?

Wow.

Perspective.

I've listed below films and their immediate sequels that I consider to be genuine phenomenons like the first Avengers movie was. Movies that adjust to over $500 million on their first runs.

Now tell me....

Batman $251.2 million

I think that just about sums up just how ridiculous some of you guys are being about Ultron's massive opening.

Ultimately, this was the sequel to a phenomenon like all of the above were - not just a huge hit.

There is a difference. If it now finishes under $500 million domestic - well so what? History already told us it would.

What does that have to do with opening weekend?.

A bunch of the movies you list here opened bigger than their predecessors.

That's not my point though. I mean we're all agreed that this isn't going anywhere near topping the first. And that's what all the meltdowns are about. That it's not even going to get close.

Edited by wildphantom

meh, people have been saying that for years. Marvel movies at this point are guaranteed entertainment. It Ant-Man has decent reviews and s entertaining, it will do fine

Define 'fine.'

That's unfortunate, but still a lot of $$$$.. Bad weekend for a high budget blockbuster sequel and an overrated ripoff of a fight between 2 guys who didn't do shit, to clash in the same weekend..

Come on now BKB.

You cant just change your predicts after numbers come out and beg for credit. Some people were calling sub-200 back on Tuesday. They deserve credit. Youre calling after the Friday number. So, you dont.

Woo!! That's us!! Though, our 195m prediction is still a little high according to the estimates. We'll see. I'm not sure how people gauge their "HYPE." But for me, being in the grad engineering crowd, the hype for Marvel is dying . . . There is definitely fatigue.

On the most important weekend in 3 years when most analysts like gitesh were actually closer the real #s. Not accurate when it mattered most, truth hurts.

So I am still glad he post here. He is the one who called the Avengers hitting 200m OW.  

• Like 2

Perspective.

Now tell me....

Batman $251.2 million

Great point but at the moment 'common sense' doesn't work here.

Some people see 'logic' as a form of excuses.

• Like 3