Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Not for me.... I didn't like Bale as Batman or as Bruce Wayne.

But you can't apply your personal opinion to the rest of the population. There are plenty of people out there who don't like his version but there are also a lot more that actually do like his version.

• Like 1

Not for me.... I didn't like Bale as Batman or as Bruce Wayne.

But many, many, many others did. He is that character for a generation because of those three wildly popular movies (and the charity work it turned out he did, during his tenure).

Frankly... for as much retroactive history as the Internet did, Tobey Maguire still is Spider-Man to the general public. If the new Marvel/Sony deal resulted in the Raimi films going into the MCU and Maguire returning, you have no idea how huge that would have been for the masses.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

An orphan, a bookworm, and a ginger beat a man in a powered suit, a god, a green monster, an assassin, an emo bitch, etc etc

Batman, Bruce Banner and Poison Ivy?

Also thanks for saying "a ginger" like it's a negative/weak thing. Totally doesn't make me feel degraded.

Edited by tree - we're home

F**k that. I went from 188 to 211!

Yeah, what's annoying is that a couple weeks ago I was thinking 195-200 million OW, and then this week the hype was too unreal so I went to 212 million.

It's hard to zone out the hot air.

• Like 1

Dawn of BKB please  :lol:

Wait does BKB hate Avatar? Otherwise, the idea of DC > Marvel would be hilarious.

(Just a suggestion, since it's your bet, it's up to you).

Good ideas, but his hate for Avatar is more than DC I think. Tree I will go with that one if the other doesn't stick. Do you know if symbols, > are acceptable in user names?

• Community Manager

But many, many, many others did. He is that character for a generation because of those three wildly popular movies (and the charity work it turned out he did, during his tenure).

Frankly... for as much retroactive history as the Internet did, Tobey Maguire still is Spider-Man to the general public. If the new Marvel/Sony deal resulted in the Raimi films going into the MCU and Maguire returning, you have no idea how huge that would have been for the masses.

Tobey Maquire IS Spider-man.

But he's probably too old to come back now.

• Like 1

Good ideas, but his hate for Avatar is more than DC I think. Tree I will go with that one if the other doesn't stick. Do you know if symbols, > are acceptable in user names?

I believe > is accepted.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Neo, how do you feel that AoU wasn't able to top DH2's ticket sales on OW?

Sad, confused, angry...what?

I'll tell you how I feel that AoU wasn't able to top DH2's ticket sales on OW.

Relieved.

Because now it means Star Wars will.

• Like 4

Time for Marvel to start giving RDJ whatever he wants. Without him they are doomed. An Iron Man movie and an Avengers movie opened to around the same.

Fucking Tele with all his mumbo jumbo made me change my OW predicting from 200M to 220M. :lol:  Not sure if I changed the 525M total. Don't wanna check if I did or not.

I want them to kill RDJ in Civil War

I also kinda wish we could see what a natural growing Cap 3 would look like, without RDJ. I honestly feel like Chris Evans' Cap now equals RDJ's Tony in audiences' eyes

• Like 1

Neo, how do you feel that AoU wasn't able to top DH2's ticket sales on OW?

Sad, confused, angry...what?

How do you know it didn't top it? I am pretty sure it did. You are making that shit up. 

• Like 2

If it makes any of you Star Wars loonies feel better, i'm still listening to the radio (yes radio) and the DJ just brought up that Avengers is out, but called it "one of the biggest of the year", and not "the biggest" like they were saying on Friday.

• Like 1

So TDKR kept the IMAX OW after all? It couldn't be topped with 3D?

:)

Anyways, BvS isn't opening close to Avengers. Anything above 150M would be great. Increase from Man Of Steel.

• Like 1

3168471760_1_18_9rz1bh2d.gif

Potter's done its job this weekend. 

Noctis you seem a little to happy, let me fix that for you

Marvel Cinematic Universe   $7,786.8m

Harry Potter                         $7,723.4m

Hail the new king of the world :worthy:

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Movies for which we now need to temper our expectations following AOU's OW.

- Rogue Nation domestic gross: Ghost Protocol got a great holiday run and never before seen IMAX stunts and rode great word of mouth, maybe Rogue Nation retains 80% of that

- SPECTRE WW gross: Skyfall was a legit freak performance

- Anything related to MockingJay 2: Do we really want a repeat of MJ1 (although the meltdowns were fun)

- Star Wars 7 OW: It is December

- BvS OW: Avengers 2 could not match Avengers, no way BvS does

- Civil War: Arriving a year after Avengers 2 without the Avengers branding

Are there 200M+ predictions? Without Avengers branding but will have MARVEL branding.

They both share zero Oscar wins :D  :D  :D

Finally! 11 films with the majority of them in 3D needed to take out an older franchise with only one being in 3D! 

PATHEEEETIC <3