Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Also, I'm aware that the "Why is Captain America: Civil War still called Captain America?" argument is played out, but I honestly feel like even retitling it simply "Marvel's Civil War" could make it a bigger deal. Not that titles cause much difference in hype, but IDK, it seems like CA's branding might hold it back a bit

• Like 2

Also, I'm aware that the "Why is Captain America: Civil War still called Captain America?" argument is played out, but I honestly feel like even retitling it simply "Marvel's Civil War" could make it a bigger deal. Not that titles cause much difference in hype, but IDK, it seems like CA's branding might hold it back a bit

Agree 100%. They need to find someway around that. It will be especially important in OS markets where Captain America isn't a big deal.

it's probably a contractual thing. But I'm sure the title will make for a good excuse for fanboys when the movie doesn't reach their inflated expectations. so they should be happy for it.

If I may be allowed, I'd just like to say that this weekend -- this weekend specifically and the idea of this kind of weekend in general, is why I made a donation to keep these forums going months ago. I've been (mostly) a lurker since the Mojo days, and rarely post, but honestly? I need to be able to come here on weekends like this and just dive into the drama and insanity. I think the last time I posted was for American Sniper's opening weekend -- when it's really going down, I need a home, lol. Thanks, all, for what I know will be a deeply entertaining weekend!!!

(For the record, I saw AoU last night. Loved it. Hoping for the higher end predictions but waiting for the real numbers -- RTH? -- to reveal themselves. And, no SW trailer! :( )

• Like 12

If I may be allowed, I'd just like to say that this weekend -- this weekend specifically and the idea of this kind of weekend in general, is why I made a donation to keep these forums going months ago. I've been (mostly) a lurker since the Mojo days, and rarely post, but honestly? I need to be able to come here on weekends like this and just dive into the drama and insanity. I think the last time I posted was for American Sniper's opening weekend -- when it's really going down, I need a home, lol. Thanks, all, for what I know will be a deeply entertaining weekend!!!

(For the record, I saw AoU last night. Loved it. Hoping for the higher end predictions but waiting for the real numbers -- RTH? -- to reveal themselves. And, no SW trailer! :( )

hey mattie!
  • Like 1

i think the fight tommorow wil affect the sales by more than people think

I've been trying to convince people of this for three days. Don't get sucked into this argument, dude. Pointless

• Like 3

it's probably a contractual thing. But I'm sure the title will make for a good excuse for fanboys when the movie doesn't reach their inflated expectations. so they should be happy for it.

If we see any 500M predicts for Civil War, I might gag

Agree 100%. They need to find someway around that. It will be especially important in OS markets where Captain America isn't a big deal.

gotg actually made less os than ca2 lol

However when on the eve of a movie opening weekend record has a studio done a gutsy call such as 200+??

Like to me its confidence?

helps whem yu got a show like agents of shield and agent Carter tying in and promoting the marvrl unoverse bigtime tp extra millions of people on tv ww