kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS : Ultron - 9.4M (NORMAL -28% DROP)

Battlefield Earth is one of the movies you hear about being beyond awful but just can't quite grasp how awful until you see it.  I saw it on TV and came in after the start so had no idea what it was and just watched in boggled bemused horror by how bad this thing was thinking it was some $500,000 Sci-fi channel original until I finally recognized Travolta. :blink:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

Must have take phenomenal individual and collective will power for those invloved in making the film to stand behind it with a straight face and sell it to the public.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Must have take phenomenal individual and collective will power for those invloved in making the film to stand behind it with a straight face and sell it to the public.

Nah...all that money is the key. Contract says you promote this thing as if it's the best thing you've ever done or you lose the money in the contract. Actors are actors after all. They know how to play the game to get their money, haha.

• Like 1

I forced myself to sit through Battlefield Earth. I wanted to tear my eyes out half way through it lol.

I couldn't even sit through the whole thing. The Room on the other hand can make you unintentionally laugh a lot. Probably cause it's not backed by big stars and makers. Battlefield just feels more horrific looking at the big names involved.

• Like 1

Yep, they have to toe the line and then later they do stuff like this if they're Paul Newman cool.  Concerning The Silver Chalice

Paul Newman was apparently not proud of his performance. When the film was broadcast on television in 1966, he took out an advertisement in a Hollywood trade paper apologizing for his performance, and requesting people not to watch the film. This backfired, and the broadcast received unusually high ratings.[2] The film is sometimes referred to as Paul Newman and the Holy Grail.[3] Newman called the film "the worst motion picture produced during the 1950s", and once screened it for guests at his home, handing out pots, wooden spoons, and whistles and encouraging the audience to offer noisy critiques.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Paul Newman was apparently not proud of his performance. When the film was broadcast on television in 1966, he took out an advertisement in a Hollywood trade paper apologizing for his performance, and requesting people not to watch the film. This backfired, and the broadcast received unusually high ratings.[2] The film is sometimes referred to as Paul Newman and the Holy Grail.[3] Newman called the film "the worst motion picture produced during the 1950s", and once screened it for guests at his home, handing out pots, wooden spoons, and whistles and encouraging the audience to offer noisy critiques.

That seems like the equivalent of trying to mask a zit by walking around all day pointing at your face.