kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

China supports movies like Winter Soldier and Interstellar - This is great! Shows how China is  becoming an important market. 

China supports Transformers 4-  China audiences have low IQ. Besides  studios don't get much of the China gross anyway.

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

I wonder what Marvel will be doing after the Infinity War movies are out. They still have a huge library of minor superheroes but that won't bring the super dough.

They could take back XMEN franchise from Fox and do that Fall of Mutants storyline. And I always hope for a stand-alone Hulk movie or trilogy that is more about smashing city properties. 

And if this movie is causing the studio to crack under it's own weight, then just wait'll CIVIL WAR comes out.. I just read the script for it and it's amazing, but it to is also crowded like AOU.. When you make movies like this, the critics and people in general have to know it's gong to be crowded.. JUSTICE LEAGUE will be crowded.. BvsS appears to be crowded from the looks of it.. There's just no escaping this if you want it done right..

BKB, you always fall for fake rumors. Thats a fake script man.

• Like 1

And to think 15 years ago, this studio was on the verge of bankruptcy...

Marvel Studios has only existed for about 10 years. You mean Marvel in general I know but still. :lol::P

I wonder what Marvel will be doing after the Infinity War movies are out. They still have a huge library of minor superheroes but that won't bring the super dough.

Theyll be fine as long as they keep budgets in check.

I once got a ban after I started a thread about this very topic (though I did use some strong language). I think Western Europe has also caught on, but Asia and South America are getting worse. Despite their economic rise, they are still provincial as hell culturally.

I guess there's no use asking if they can name their senators then...

Adjusted for inflation, TF2 made 437m in today's dollars. So TA2 is gonna actually have the DOM total somewhere near that?

AOU will always have the moral victory of being a better movie, tho. 

tumblr_n3ok85hT1u1qlvwnco1_500.gif

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2

US audience getting smarter at recognising when they are getting cashed in on with a poorer product, but the studios are lucky the international audience (more specifically China) havn't caught on. Just look at the drops in the Transformers movies stateside. If you want to keep making astronomical money stateside, you gotta keep the quality up or improve the film's. I think the majority of audiences thought Avenger 2 was a reasonable step down from Avengers 1 + many other Marvel movies. I know some don't.

Be at $300/$310m by end of the weekend. Impossible that it finishes below $430m? Seems to be dropping faster than IM3.

I can't help wondering how the audience knew all this on OW.

B)

There is more to it than that.

Kal won't hear any of this when referring to AVATAR fans listening.. Kal says AVATAR 2 will make 800M-1B DOMESTIC..

Like you wouldn't before AOU was released? Before accusing people of events that haven't taken place lets wait to said events take place.

On the bright side, the worse Avengers does, the more likely Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max match it's opening weekend combined... wait I should keep my expectations in check:

Pitch Perfect 2 - 110M

Mad Max: Fury Road - 80M

yeah that looks right

• Like 1

Expectations along with those Early Numbers again will get you every time...

That's the downside of early #s I guess. Maybe what I'll try to do one weekend is avoid ALL numbers until the weekend estimates...

But which weekend? I don't want to miss out on anything :( Probably sometime in October when like The Last Witch Hunter releases.