kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Huh. From a high of 28 earlier in the day to possibly 21, now. Last week we went from possibly as high as 100 to under 85.

What we can take from this is: the West Coast does not go see AoU at night.

Probably the theaters shut the water supply in the restrooms at night. ^_^

• Like 2

I agree in principle. I am among those who disliked this film. But deserved would be a strong word.

I mean, I thought it was good, but I'm one of those people who feel like the best films should make the most money. I realize "deserve" is subjective. I'm just indifferent to how much it grosses, whereas with the first film, I was rooting for it every step of the way.

• Like 1

Jawa, you describe my mindset to a T. Even though the best films don't make the most money, I have no emotional investment in this doing well because I didn't come away with anywhere the kind of enjoyment and satisfaction as with TA1, Frozen, or GOTG.

(At the same time, I will have to guard myself from heartbreak if a film I enjoy underperforms. I will never let myself get into the kind of near-depression I had after Dragon 2. Never again.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I've been optimistic since OD. I defended this BO run in my head. But now I can't help but feel that AoU is a classic example of "could have done better".

I just hope it hits 450 now, and that F7 hits 350.

Those would be nice round #s.

• Like 4