Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Wow that's pretty crazy for PP2...and it's a good # for Mad Max. Even with the amazing reviews it's a hard sell so a $40m weekend (hopefully) is a nice opening.

Seeing Max again today this afternoon so curious how early shows are crowd wise.

So Mad Max gets about 43.6 for the weekend and ends with 130 million domestic and earns 280 overseas it would be a fine success. While for Pitch Perfect(this is the shocking one) if it opens north of 65 or more then it should come close to 22 Jump Street's domestic total.

I think if this was 2012 the weekend would be Pp2 winning but mm in low 30s.

If this was 2012 it would be really strange that we're getting Pitch Perfect 2 considering the first one hadn't come out yet :P

Max is doing better than could have been realistically expected even two weeks ago, but it has ended up on a lower end of expectations created by the midnight number and RTH's projection. For a moment there, it looked like it had a chance at a really good run, now it looks like it's probably just gonna have a bland, boring 45/120 run. Neither a flop nor a smash hit, just a slightly bigger Pacific Rim. It's not disappointing in the grand scheme of things, but I can see how it would be to people who love the movie and are rooting for it. 

• Like 1

More and more, I see Fury Road having a near identical run to Kingsman. Should get a nice boost from Memorial Day but the competition's stiffer this time of year to balance that out. Thinking $125M to $135M DOM.

Which would be great for a R rated Mad Max reboot.

More and more, I see Fury Road having a near identical run to Kingsman. Should get a nice boost from Memorial Day but the competition's stiffer this time of year to balance that out. Thinking $125M to $135M DOM.

That's a good comparison, makes a lot of sense