kayumanggi

DON'T BREATHE | 08.26.16 | Sony | final gross ● 89.22 M

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Does this movie leaves an open door for a sequel? Because it is heading for a $80m+ total, Sony will be stupid if they don't release a sequel, imo. 

well this could be a spoiler with either answer so if you're willing to read the ending, then I'll respond ;) 

• Like 2

I couldn't find a „Don't Breathe OS thread“ so I post it here :).

The first official reviews in Germany are (very) good, around 8/10. They also say it's clearly a horrorthriller and not „only“ a horrorfilm. Main tenor is that the film is not really „new“ from its ingredients, but excellent directed and very thrilling and effective in its minimalism.

Insidekino.de predicts 600k admissions. That's pretty high and we will see but it's already in the „most anticipated films“- charts on several moviesites.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, el sid said:

I couldn't find a „Don't Breathe OS thread“ so I post it here :).

The first official reviews in Germany are (very) good, around 8/10. They also say it's clearly a horrorthriller and not „only“ a horrorfilm. Main tenor is that the film is not really „new“ from its ingredients, but excellent directed and very thrilling and effective in its minimalism.

Insidekino.de predicts 600k admissions. That's pretty high and we will see but it's already in the „most anticipated films“- charts on several moviesites.

Holy fuck! 600k is insane for a horror movie, it's the double of TC2, isn't it? 

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Holy fuck! 600k is insane for a horror movie, it's the double of TC2, isn't it? 

Yes, this estimate is pretty high but The Conjuring had 453.648 admissions, TC2 had 721.682 and the also well received Lights Out has 322.600 admissions so far and that in summertime.
It's almost a wonder that summer lasts so long in Germany this year but it can't take long anymore till autumn comes. And then people have not been in cinemas for weeks or months and are interested again and so the 8th of September could be a good release date.

I would also say DB looses less than 50%. WOM is very good (I think), there's really not much competition and Monday is a holiday. Lights Out was close with -50.2% . I don't know if school vacations were a factor then in some way but there was no holiday on Monday and it had much more competition.

10 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I also think it's gonna play less like a horror movie and more like a thriller (in terms of box-office run). I think 100m is in play. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH LOOK GUYS ANOTHER NUTTELATION BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. YOU AND THE 100M PREDICTIONS FOR RANDOM MOVIES AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

I love you NuTella. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

I saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I also think it's gonna play less like a horror movie and more like a thriller (in terms of box-office run). I think 100m is in play. 

No no and no

75 million is the cap for this. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, el sid said:

Yes, this estimate is pretty high but The Conjuring had 453.648 admissions, TC2 had 721.682 and the also well received Lights Out has 322.600 admissions so far and that in summertime.
It's almost a wonder that summer lasts so long in Germany this year but it can't take long anymore till autumn comes. And then people have not been in cinemas for weeks or months and are interested again and so the 8th of September could be a good release date.

I would also say DB looses less than 50%. WOM is very good (I think), there's really not much competition and Monday is a holiday. Lights Out was close with -50.2% . I don't know if school vacations were a factor then in some way but there was no holiday on Monday and it had much more competition.

Oh, I thought you was talking about the OW, that's why I was so shocked at that 600k number. :lol: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

O/U 50% drop this weekend? Honestly, I think under might not be a stupid thing to predict. Whole weekend is a wasteland, to the point where I wouldn't be shocked if Dory on expansion outperformed Morgan and/or The Light Between Oceans.

I'm using 10CL as comp here, considering that summer is over, right? I don't know much about American calendar, anyway, that movie dropped 66% on Monday and increased 23% on Tuesday, DB has been following it pretty closely with it's 64%/27% numbers. Considering the fact that it also has LD this weekend, I can't see any reason for a drop harder than the 49% of 10CL. 

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

It will be at $37m after today.  Add in $16m-$18m this weekend for $53m-$55m.  It will be at $60m going into the following weekend and right under $70m after that weekend.

Should get at least to $80m if not more.  

I was about to ask if 100M was potentially at play, but then I remembered Blair Witch is coming. Still, is 90M possible?