kayumanggi

DON'T BREATHE | 08.26.16 | Sony | final gross ● 89.22 M

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm the only who thinks the remake is better than the original?

Really? 

Im a little speechless

I loved the Evil Dead remake in the same way I loved the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Jessica Biel) remake: I acknowledge the craft with which they were made and I loved that they both managed to be respectful to the source material and still inject new sensibilities to the material; they are perfect examples of how to make remakes that truly work. Having said that, the original ED and TCM are still head and shoulders above them.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

I'm so glad that Fede's carreer is finally flying, I was a bit worried that he didn't do nothing since Evil Dead, he's one of most creative and passionate directors that born in this decade, and he actually loves the genre, how many guys can say the same? I just hope that he can make the sequel of ED now, I would love to see a sequel with Ash's comeback.

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

We've had about 7 horror hits this year but this will be only the second to open at #1 for the full weekend.

We already have 3 horror movies above $60m, Blair probably will join soon, it will finish the year on par with 2013, unless DB or Ouija 2 breaks out in a big way. The difference of this year to 2013, although, is that the movies were well received, unlike 2013 that only TC was well liked.