kayumanggi

DON'T BREATHE | 08.26.16 | Sony | final gross ● 89.22 M

1 hour ago, nilephelan said:

EW predicting $23.5m now.  

love it!  HSX had this at under $10M last week.  I was floored when I started researching and told them some big things were coming.

Over $20M was a bold prediction Nile and I figured it could get there, but I wouldn't say I was as confident as you.  

hope it gets there and more for you!

Edited by lobogotti
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised that this is going to open $20M+. Horror films this summer have been making a killing. Really horror is the only genre that has walked away unscathed in the summer of bombs and under performers. Add to the fact that it's a well reviewed horror film, and you're just creating more buzz for the film. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I'm not surprised that this is going to open $20M+. Horror films this summer have been making a killing. Really horror is the only genre that has walked away unscathed in the summer of bombs and under performers. Add to the fact that it's a well reviewed horror film, and you're just creating more buzz for the film. 

It's truly incredible how well horror is doing this year after two bad years in a row, DB is going to be our fourth horror movie opening above $20m and maybe the fourth one above $60m, with Blair soon joining the league. Even the terrible Possession got a 2.7x multiple with the same release date, I don't see any reason to DB fall below this.

12 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm just sad that Rings and Ouija 2 probably will ruining the momentum and end the year on a low note. :( 

Mike Flanagan directed Ouiji 2, so I'm kind of expecting it to be surprisingly decent. 

42 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Mike Flanagan directed Ouiji 2, so I'm kind of expecting it to be surprisingly decent. 

Yeah, it's just that trailer that didn't give me much confidence, it looked too much as a wannabe Insidious. I hope I'll be proven wrong, although. It could be another The Purge situation, a sequel to a hated movie that ended surpassing the previous one thanks to it's own merits. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Really good. Love how it inverted the home invasion thriller. It's a lot more fucked up than I thought it would be too. You guys will love Lang's accent. Kinda sounds like Bane.

Did you see You're Next ?

In a way, it also flipped the typical home invasion script around, and it was a brilliant film.

4 hours ago, Nova said:

This was so good. Highly recommend it. 

OMG!!!! Cannot wait!!!

Really enjoyed it.  I didn't find it scary at all though, but every enjoyable.  I have Friday's off so I usually go to the early bird Friday showing, and my theater was pretty packed.  A whole lot more than Sausage Party, when I went at the same time 2 weeks ago.