kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

It would be foolish to not watch GoT because of the recent controversy. It was disturbing, but far from being commonplace on the show. Sex scenes are a big thing on the show, yes. Rape scenes definitely not.

I don't know what recent controversy you're talking about. But I gave the show a chance and I didn't like it. It's really that simple. The rare TV that I watch is pure escapism entertainment. I will watch all sorts of films, I'll watch films I hate - but TV for me is just about sitting back, enjoying it, and getting way too emotionally involved.

I didn't even get into the fact that I don't like gore (and it seemed brutal and gory), another complete turn off. And then there is the horrific acting by such majesterial talents as people like Emilia Bark...

I don't know what recent controversy you're talking about. But I gave the show a chance and I didn't like it. It's really that simple. The rare TV that I watch is pure escapism entertainment. I will watch all sorts of films, I'll watch films I hate - but TV for me is just about sitting back, enjoying it, and getting way too emotionally involved.

I didn't even get into the fact that I don't like gore (and it seemed brutal and gory), another complete turn off. And then there is the horrific acting by such majesterial talents as people like Emilia Bark...

Well GoT is fantastic for that whole getting way too involved bit. But I didn't realize you already watched it and didn't like it. Each their own.

Just got out of my showing of "Tanu Weds Manu Returns", by far the most entertaining Bollywood movie of the year. Definitely not going to get a crossover audience though, it is very rooted in North Indisn customs and dialect. Thoroughly entertaining and some great comedy for sure.

Somewhere earlier Treeroy asked me if I liked the film (Tomortowland). Didn't feel like quoting it cause it was a couple of pages ago, but yes to Treeroy, I just saw the film and I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Just got out of my showing of "Tanu Weds Manu Returns", by far the most entertaining Bollywood movie of the year. Definitely not going to get a crossover audience though, it is very rooted in North Indisn customs and dialect. Thoroughly entertaining and some great comedy for sure.

Was there lots of singing? I hear they sing for no reason in Bolywood movies. :ph34r:

Somewhere earlier Treeroy asked me if I liked the film (Tomortowland). Didn't feel like quoting it cause it was a couple of pages ago, but yes to Treeroy, I just saw the film and I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it.

Fair enough, cool. :)

• Like 1

If Tommorowland is as good as some people are saying, maybe it will bounce back with some good legs in the next few weeks.

A movie like TL should be a success with a $40m OW. The problem is this is Disney we're talking about and they have no concept of the word "budget." But they don't need to. They literally have money to burn if they want to, and obviously they want to quite often.

You might be waiting a while.  :ph34r:

I haven't seen Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, House of Cards, True Detective, The Wire, How I Met Your Mother, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, Supernatural, Hannibal, Firefly, Dexter, 24, Community, Parks and Rec, or really any other supposedly great, well loved show of the past few years. Or ever, actually.

I don't watch TV except for one show, Vampire Diaries.

First of all

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2014/08/13/mortdecai_612x381.jpg

Then I would add Justified, the Americans and Fargo.

• Like 1

A movie like TL should be a success with a $40m OW. The problem is this is Disney we're talking about and they have no concept of the word "budget." But they don't need to. They literally have money to burn if they want to, and obviously they want to quite often.

190m budget for TL. I have no clue why the movie couldn't have been made for 50m less. Did Disney learn nothing from John Carter flopping? :slaphead:

190m budget for TL. I have no clue why the movie couldn't have been made for 50m less. Did Disney learn nothing from John Carter flopping? :slaphead:

50m is way too low though. No special effects driven movie really gets made for that these days. But 100m would have been very reasonable for TL and it would have been an easy hit that way. Although I still think they will break even at least with WW gross. The PG rating is going to help its legs DOM, since family audiences aren't too picky unless there's something that offends them.

50m is way too low though. No special effects driven movie really gets made for that these days. But 100m would have been very reasonable for TL and it would have been an easy hit that way. Although I still think they will break even at least with WW gross. The PG rating is going to help its legs DOM, since family audiences aren't too picky unless there's something that offends them.

Mojoguy said 50M less, which is 140M. Not 50M.

• Like 2

Read my post again. I said 50m less, so 140m budget. That would have been more reasonable.

• Like 1