kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fury Road and The Dark Knight share the same issue, which is when these 2 annoying groups of people agree that a film is the second coming of JC, with their annoying and embarrassing "best blockbuster of the decade" label :

Critics AND Dudebros

You really don't want that happening to your film, the worst combination possible unless, unless

Critics are dudebros in disguise ?

:thinking:

I pity Nolan and Miller, I really do, poor things.

Tragic.

:(

The true cinema lovers knows full well what Miller's greatest achievement was... Back in '98. The 20th anniversary is fast approaching.

Image result for babe pig in the city gif

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

groups of people agree that a film is the second coming of JC, with their annoying and embarrassing "best blockbuster of the decade" label :

How big of a consensus among critic that Dark knight is better than the Lord of the Rings, Wall-E and some others ?

It if not above them here:

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

Not above them here:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/the-best-movies-of-the-decade

(Ratatouille, Wall-e, Up, Nemo, All the 3 Lords of the rings, Spider man 2, Avatar, Shrek and many other are above Dark Knight in critical reception on Metacritic in the 2000s)

Are you doing the logical fallacy of constructing a group of dudebro critic in your mind (say those that make videos because they stick in mind more), remark that this subgroup of critics are considering Dark Knight the best movie of the 2000s, than asking are critics dudebros in disguise ? Or what is your source that this is the critics consensus ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How big of a consensus among critic that Dark knight is better than the Lord of the Rings, Wall-E and some others ?

It if not above them here:

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

Not above them here:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/the-best-movies-of-the-decade

(Ratatouille, Wall-e, Up, Nemo, All the 3 Lords of the rings, Spider man 2, Avatar, Shrek and many other are above Dark Knight in critical reception on Metacritic in the 2000s)

Are you doing the logical fallacy of constructing a group of dudebro critic in your mind (say those that make videos because they stick in mind more), remark that this subgroup of critics are considering Dark Knight the best movie of the 2000s, than asking are critics dudebros in disguise ? Or what is your source that this is the critics consensus ?

Dark Knight may not have the best numbers "evah" from reviews site but the status of the movie is undeniable, even with most critics.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You have to be the last person who takes his annoying rants seriously.

• Like 1

So much mediocre takes...Fury Road will live eternal all shiny and chrome in the cinematic Valhalla while all your favourite franchises crawl down the Wasteland bog into oblivion.

There's not a lick of emotion in MI series, that's all right because who gives a shit about Ethan Hunt's love life....He's a one dimensional character; Ethan STHUNT.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I wouldn't say most people found Fury Road massively overrated when it has a 85% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes, a 8.1 average on IMDb, and a 3.4x multiplier.

It was considered the greatest action movie of all time by fanboys and critics. Most people will disagree, so my point still stands, it's literally the definition of overrated by the minority. It's gross even disappointed people, I remember everyone here calling 200m a lock

It barely made a profit despite glowing reviews yet people still can't see that it it wasn't as well recieved as you all thought it was 😂 clueless

Edited by Jessie

28 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dark Knight may not have the best numbers "evah" from reviews site but the status of the movie is undeniable, even with most critics.

That what I challenge, you say most critics consider Dark Knight better than Lords of the Rings, I am asking you base that on what ?

If the different critics aggregate method (you it be counting critics top 10 type of list with they shoot movie don't they method or scoring average like metacritic) show that it is the other way around and you do not believe them, can you at least offer an argument ? What else is there ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jessie said:

It was considered the greatest action movie of all time by fanboys and critics. Most people will disagree, so my point still stands, it's literally the definition of overrated by the majority. It's gross even disappointed people, I remember everyone here calling 200m a lock

It barely made a profile despite glowing reviews yet people still can't see that it it wasn't as well reviewed as you all thought it was 😂 clueless

So most people will disagree that it's the greatest action movie, but also most people overrate it. Uh huh. And that 200m thing is complete bullshit and you know it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jessie said:

It was considered the greatest action movie of all time by fanboys and critics. Most people will disagree, so my point still stands, it's literally the definition of overrated by the majority. It's gross even disappointed people, I remember everyone here calling 200m a lock

It barely made a profit despite glowing reviews yet people still can't see that it it wasn't as well reviewed as you all thought it was 😂 clueless

You must have many typo in there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

So most people will disagree that it's the greatest action movie, but also most people overrate it. Uh huh. And that 200m thing is complete bullshit and you know it. 

Bollocks, go back and search if you want mate. Fact of the matter is Fury Road wasnt even the best revieved action movie of the beginning of 2015, kingsman says hi

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

So much mediocre takes...Fury Road will live eternal all shiny and chrome in the cinematic Valhalla while all your favourite franchises crawl down the Wasteland bog into oblivion.

There's not a lick of emotion in MI series, that's all right because who gives a shit about Ethan Hunt's love life....He's a one dimensional character; Ethan STHUNT.

MI3's opening scene inflicted more emotion than the entire chrome tinted engineers from Mad Max

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So much nonsense polluting this thread. The greatest action film is obviously incredibly subjective. All mentioned would make a list of the greatest 25 to 50 action movies to date. Within said list, it then becomes completely subjective. Hell, my own personal favorites likely exist outside of that list even. There are a shit load of great action movies spanning the history of cinema. A hell of a lot of them aren't even DOM films.

The good or even great news is that McQuarrie has delivered something, according to many who have seen and commented on it at least, that might warrant a spot on that list. Let's hope it satisfies the hype for most and we have a box office hit on our hands.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4