kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

30 minutes ago, Noodlebug said:

I've only seen the first MI and parts of the second one when I was really young, so I have a lot to catch up on. Is this series worth a marathon?

Yes. Absolutely.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The reviews for this are spectacular and it sounds awesome but whoo boy The Futurist is in fine form in this thread. This thread has been like his scaling of Burj Khalifa, if you will.

Don't call it a comeback

2 hours ago, Noodlebug said:

I've only seen the first MI and parts of the second one when I was really young, so I have a lot to catch up on. Is this series worth a marathon?

Yes but you could skip 2 it's an action extravaganza but a mess narratively.

MI:3 is good but MI:1 is essential for setup and Rogue Nation/Ghost Protocol are must sees!!!

2 hours ago, Noodlebug said:

Luckily I still have a physical video rental store near me, so I'll have to check them out.

What? A brick and mortar DVD store? 

:winomg:

Do you have a rotary phone also? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

The reviews for this are spectacular and it sounds awesome but whoo boy The Futurist is in fine form in this thread. This thread has been like his scaling of Burj Khalifa, if you will.

It's part of the job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Anyone advising that anyone skip any of the Missions Impossible is a bad person

Take the full Cruise missile or none of it, no half measures

Agreed 100%.

BTW I rewatched M:I2 last night for the first time since it was in theaters. I regret to say it really is as bad as its reputation suggests, and it's got some honestly offensive dialogue that took me by surprise.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Disbelief 1

22 hours ago, KJsooner said:

‘Best action movie since mad max’

Whatever.

Hot take. Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol are both better than Fury Road.

Rogue Nation and Ghost Protocol are good, but they don't ride eternal shiny and chrome like Fury Road does.

We'll see about this one though.  That fact that everyone seems to be saying its the best MI movie and the greatest action movie in years has me stocked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Is Tom Cruise the ONLY actor to completely OWN a franchise, in almost every way ?

I think he is.

And Diesel thinks he does too.

Of that size and longevity maybe ?

Candidate:

Die Hard and Bruce ? They never did anything without him on that I think.

Bevery Hills cop and Eddy Murphy ? Jerry Bruckheimer was not on the third one.

46 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Of that size and longevity maybe ?

Candidate:

Die Hard and Bruce ? They never did anything without him on that I think.

Bevery Hills cop and Eddy Murphy ? Jerry Bruckheimer was not on the third one.

Nah, Cruise built the MI franchise for his own brand and glory, he bought the rights and produced all the movies.

He chose the directors and every creative decision on these movies go through him.

It is his baby from head to toe, nothing really compares.

But then again, he has been working that way on almost all of his big studio films throughout his career.

I am sure he could direct, he knows everything about filmmaking, guy is super curious and a fast learner, that s supposdely a power/tool that scientology gave him ( he was an insecure dyslexic young kid/man).

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

So I need to watch the previous movies before of this right?!?

Fuck.

Skip 2. The rest, absolutely.

As epic as everyone was saying it is, just relentless and surprisingly emotional.
Only negative is the lack of a tightly plotted more spy-esque narrative like ROGUE NATION. Here it's way more of an action-forward saving the world type of one, which I guess makes sense given how McQ wanted to make a different film. The way how this links in to ROGUE NATION and the other films Easter egg wise, main story and also emotiotionally is really great. I kept thinking of SPECTRE and FALLOUT really is, to RN's SKYFALL, except done RIGHT. The increase in scale and change in approach is done so well. Cast is utterly fantastic though, like in RN they're really a great asset in planting the seeds for the future. Look forward to seeing more of everyone in the future - and again the EMOTION. Nearly welled up in a few moments. MVPs also: Rob Hardy's cinematography and that EPIC score courtesy Lorne Balfe which of course channels Zimmer but that whole epic-ed upgrade is the point on all fronts. After all, take a bow McQ and, as much as I hate to say it...your move, Danny. Gonna take a great BOND 25 to top this/bring the franchise in line to, at least for now, its superior American cousin

P.S. please don't tell me that was McQ responding to CinemaSins with those sped up studio logos at the start 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1