kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nah, Cruise built the MI franchise for his own brand and glory, he bought the rights and produced all the movies.

He chose the directors and every creative decision on these movies go through him.

McQuarrie did told in a podcast that they were working late on Edge of Tomorrow Script and a one point Cruise asking him, hey do you want to direct the next Mission Impossible movie, he responded sure, Cruise took is phone to call Paramount and leaved the room came back 15 minute later and said it was done.

I do not think anything really compare that I can think of no, if we take Die hard almost no movie of that franchise were Die Hard movie, but script studio owned and changed the character name, put a little bit of references and tagged it Die Hard (except for the very last one).

On 7/13/2018 at 6:44 AM, Mr Impossible said:

Looks like a nice win for Paramount. With this, Quiet Place and Book Club it's looking like a comeback year for them. If Bumblebee doesn't outright flop it'll be a good year for them. 

I hope OVERLORD does well as well.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

McQuarrie did told in a podcast that they were working late on Edge of Tomorrow Script and a one point Cruise asking him, hey do you want to direct the next Mission Impossible movie, he responded sure, Cruise took is phone to call Paramount and leaved the room came back 15 minute later and said it was done.

I do not think anything really compare that I can think of no, if we take Die hard almost no movie of that franchise were Die Hard movie, but script studio owned and changed the character name, put a little bit of references and tagged it Die Hard (except for the very last one).

Now that's power.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Probably will rewatch Mission Impossible III, Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation before Fallout. Maybe it would be nice if people laid down their differences and all started stanning for the Mission Impossible Franchise.

The tower climbing scene in ghost protocol in IMAX made my palms sweat and my stomach dropped. High hopes for Fallout.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, antovolk said:

Gonna take a great BOND 25 to top this/bring the franchise in line to, at least for now, its superior American cousin

I don't know about being a superior series, but it officially has had a more consistent run than Bond has ever had (4 quality films in a row). It simply boils down to how Cruise is able to select top quality talent for this series. Mission: Impossible has always been the exotic sports vehicle compared to Bond's more classical ride. Everything moves faster and sexier, but Bond is still excellent for other reasons.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, firedeep said:

Silly question: why do you guys seem to like mocking Jeremy Renner? Isnt he a decent actor?

Jeremy is a sexy boy.

dominic+cooper+shirtless+2.gif

Jeremy Renner will return in Avengers 4ever.

My Aunt hasn’t been to a theater to see a movie in a couple of years now. We were talking about upcoming movies and I mentioned looking forward to Fallout and she was like, “Oh yea, I’m gonna go see that one in theaters for sure!” 

Cruise missle! His POWER!!! 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Cruise was terrible in The Mummy. Nothing about that disaster was tolerable. 

Not only was his performance bad, but he looked awful, too, especially in any scene he shared with Annabelle Wallis. And that bit in the morgue! It looked like they'd stuck Cruise's head onto the body of a midget body-builder. Freaky.

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

2 is a must see. It’s the only way to understand the Sydney geography and the Easter Egg links to all of the subsequent films. 

I agree it's a worthy addition despite being only moderately entertaining. What are these Easter Egg links you speak of? None of the characters, outside of Luther, are ever seen or heard of again in the series (to my knowledge). I haven't seen any other small references related to the film in any of the other entries, but I might not be looking too hard. I could be wrong, but there may have been a small joke related to the deliverance of the self destruct message in M:I II???

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

I feel like this movie will not open as big as Rogue Nation. Just seems to be an underrated franchise by audiences. I have tickets for Thursday night previews and the following night. I saw Rogue Nation 4 times opening weekend (but, never saw it again after that...I don't really watch movies at home).

Based on what the advance sales look like at my theater right now, I'm thinking $45M opening weekend.

• ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1