Deadshot - Idris Elba

Harley Quinn - Margot Robbie

Amanda Waller - Viola Davis

King Shark - Vin Diesel

Ratcatcher - Zoe Saldana

Polka Dot Man - Bradley Cooper

Peacemaker - Dave Bautista

Cameo:

Poison Ivy - Karen Gillan (will become a part of the team at the end of the sequel)

49 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

This is the kind of thing that makes me think that there is a very real possibility of a Deadshot solo film in the future.

Because Elba has a long history of success at the box office, compared to Will Smith?

:sparta:

23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Because Elba has a long history of success at the box office, compared to Will Smith?

:sparta:

Meh.

Smith has had plenty of flops as of late.  In fact, based on his immediate list of films before Suicide Squad, we could surmise that it was a smash in spite of him, not because of him. The DCEU band (and the ascent of Margot Robbie/Harley Quinn) sold the film, not Will.

My comment was about how, in this golden age of comic book films that we are living in, comic book characters can thrive and become super popular without a star playing them. 

26 minutes ago, DaytoDay said:

How did he write the script for this movie so fast? It's only been a few months since he came on board, how is this possible?

He was announced as writing/directing the first Guardians less than 2 years before release, so I think he generally writes pretty fast.

9 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

It mentions that they are gonna call Onslaught with a less than politically correct name.

So they are probably going to call them the Jihad again. I don't know why they need to do that, but it's fine

They aren't calling them Jihad, it says John Ostrander's run called them Jihad.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

It mentions that they are gonna call Onslaught with a less than politically correct name.

So they are probably going to call them the Jihad again. I don't know why they need to do that, but it's fine

We’ve also heard that Gunn really wants to embrace the military aspect of John Ostrander’s Suicide Squad run, which features Onslaught as villains (but under a different, less politically correct, term).

They're just describing the source material. No rumor as far as Gunn actually wanting to call them by that.

Does this mean that we will get, yet again, Middle Eastern terrorist movie villains? *groan* I know that "Qurac" is a fictional nation, but come on... *Qurac* ("a Middle Eastern country on the Persian Gulf, wedged between Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Oman. Qurac is a state sponsor of terrorism"---Wikipedia).

I am not super incredibly stoked to support anything done by Gunn to begin with, but knowing that he will contribute to the always-in-vogue Hollywood demonization of Middle Eastern identities is just...dispiriting. The last thing the U.S. needs is more Hollywood-sponsored vilification of Middle Eastern cultures. 😞 

And yes, I know that to some people, what I just wrote sounds like "typical SJW" crap, but I fucking mean it.

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ehh don't really mind.They are probably doing Rostam should be interesting.Probably Waller being shady and morally unjustified which should be interesting.Maybe they could do a middle eastern hero o replace katana...Black Adam would be fun...Isis too under a different name like Legends of tomorrow tv show.

Actually they could use doctor fate as McMuffin and maybe introduce Khalid.

18 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Does this mean that we will get, yet again, Middle Eastern terrorist movie villains? *groan* I know that "Qurac" is a fictional nation, but come on... *Qurac* ("a Middle Eastern country on the Persian Gulf, wedged between Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Oman. Qurac is a state sponsor of terrorism"---Wikipedia).

I am not super incredibly stoked to support anything done by Gunn to begin with, but knowing that he will contribute to the always-in-vogue Hollywood demonization of Middle Eastern identities is just...dispiriting. The last thing the U.S. needs is more Hollywood-sponsored vilification of Middle Eastern cultures. 😞 

And yes, I know that to some people, what I just wrote sounds like "typical SJW" crap, but I fucking mean it.

Gunn has many flaws but I'd be surprised if he scripts something straight up Islamophobic. The current season of Young Justice has a pretty poignant and ripped from the headlines take on Qurac and its people, innocent refugees just seeking to get away from their war-torn nation but facing discrimination in the countries they try to enter and make a living in. So there's precedence in showing Qurac as more than Terrorist Nation 101.

At worst, I think Gunn will just have Quraci civilians as hapless victims who need to be saved by the American good for nothings.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Gunn has many flaws but I'd be surprised if he scripts something straight up Islamophobic. The current season of Young Justice has a pretty poignant and ripped from the headlines take on Qurac and its people, innocent refugees just seeking to get away from their war-torn nation but facing discrimination in the countries they try to enter and make a living in. So there's precedence in showing Qurac as more than Terrorist Nation 101.

At worst, I think Gunn will just have Quraci civilians as hapless victims who need to be saved by the American good for nothings.

Are there not villains in the Middle East, as in every part of the world?  If he simply fashions them in ISIS-style as extremists, yeah, I don't see why anyone would complain. 

Just binged Young Justice S1 and need to get to S2 and S3!!  I have a free DCUniverse membership, so I need to keep taking advantage!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Well it isn't much better...

Anyway, it is just a rumor so we'll see. It is possible that with this movie, Gunn will be exposed as a hack with a huge ego.

• Disbelief 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, Macleod said:

Just binged Young Justice S1 and need to get to S2 and S3!!  I have a free DCUniverse membership, so I need to keep taking advantage!!

Season 2 is amazing, in a totally different way to Season 1. Season 3 so far is hitting the right notes too and holds much promise for the second half. You are in for a treat.