#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Emma Stone still need that undeniable star making role IMO.

I thought Easy-A was her star making role? That led to Crazy Stupid Love, The Help and Spider-Man which were all hits.

She's not leading tentpoles, but what female besides Jlaw and Woodley are doing that?

She's a legit movie-star  in her own right already (IMO). 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

People may not agree with this, but I have to defend Ethan's view here. Sure, he brings up Elgort, and many of us don't care, so we call in trolling. Yet when Mad Max (aka the second coming of Christ as per BOT members) is brought up everywhere, we're all okay with it. I'm not saying to stop bringing up Mad Max, but the forums are really a place to be expressive. If Ethan wants to talk about Ansel ten times a day, that's cool, just ignore it. If Tele or Shay want to bring up fury road again and again, that's also cool.

• Like 4

I thought Easy-A was her star making role? That led to Crazy Stupid Love, The Help and Spider-Man which were all hits.

She's not leading tentpoles, but what female besides Jlaw and Woodley are doing that?

She's a legit movie-star  in her own right already (IMO). 

I guess... maybe I meant the role everybody will remember her for.

She wasn t the lead in any of the films you mentioned, ensemble or co lead with Spidey.

Easy A is a cult hit but it wasn t a big film BO wise.

Theron had to wait almost 20 years to have that.

I guess... maybe I meant the role everybody will remember her for.

She wasn t the lead in any of the films you mentioned, ensemble or co lead with Spidey.

Easy A is a cult hit but it wasn t a big film BO wise.

Theron had to wait almost 20 years to have that.

I think you meant career-defining role rather than star-making. 

Easy-A is one of the roles everyone will remember her for though.  Other than that, it would be Gwen Stacy in Spiderman. 

Unfortunately, unless something changes in HW; I think you'll be waiting a long time if you want her to lead something that's huge BO wise. That's not the norm for actresses, most of them are either co-stars or part of ensembles. 

Edited by babz06

People may not agree with this, but I have to defend Ethan's view here. Sure, he brings up Elgort, and many of us don't care, so we call in trolling. Yet when Mad Max (aka the second coming of Christ as per BOT members) is brought up everywhere, we're all okay with it. I'm not saying to stop bringing up Mad Max, but the forums are really a place to be expressive. If Ethan wants to talk about Ansel ten times a day, that's cool, just ignore it. If Tele or Shay want to bring up fury road again and again, that's also cool.

Difference is Fury Road actually has to do with the numbers; let me know when Ansel has a movie coming out

You don't see me bringing up David Henrie everywhere unless he has a movie opening.

• Like 1

Difference is Fury Road actually has to do with the numbers; let me know when Ansel has a movie coming out

You don't see me bringing up David Henrie everywhere unless he has a movie opening.

Point taken :P

Since when have I ever started talking about random things, I didn't just come in here and star babbling about Elgort, I was talking about The Rock for Christ Sake and I had no intention of moving the conversation towards Elgort. Get a grip on yourself people.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

da0721a4542a2cf131e45de2ecd04f4393de8cb8

He was hilarious & I don't even like wrestling!!  My brother-in-law took all the boys to one of the shows & my son talked like Tweety Bird when he was little - he came home & said "The Wock called us white twash" - still makes me laugh!! :lol: He is very charismatic!

• Like 4

Why isn't he wearing pants :mellow:

Better question: is perfect misspelled in your signature as some part of an elaborate piece of performance art, are you not aware of it, or can you just not spell?

Edited by cmasterclay

That's really not necessary.

And signatures can't be changed on anything less than a Silver account.

I will admit I did not know that about changing sigs, but dude needs to stop trolling and attacking an actor most of us here like just to get a reaction. He knows he's doing it just to troll. Shit gets annoying and ruins any chance to actually talk about NUMBERS. 

Edited by cmasterclay

I'm not a mean poster and I don't flame people, but dude's trolling this topic blatantly and insluting an actor everyone here likes just to get a reaction. Dude deserves to be called out.

Though I will admit I didn't know the thing about not changing sigs.

[mod edit] I didn't say what I said to get a reaction out of anyone. If my opinion doesn't line up with yours perfectly and that upsets you than you should man up.

Edited by Telemachos