grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This needs to breakout or August is gonna be grim. But I still have trouble seeing a Statham helmed action flick doing big numbers given his track record. 

Crazy Rich Asians is shaping up to be the breakout of August. It has nationwide sneak previews on Wednesday and it's already 1/4th full at my theater. Reviews sound like they'll be very good and WOM is likely to be glowing too.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Crazy Rich Asians is shaping up to be the breakout of August. It has nationwide sneak previews on Wednesday and it's already 1/4th full at my theater. Reviews sound like they'll be very good and WOM is likely to be glowing too.

I'm split on that one. I feel like it could just have a lot of upfront demand from a fairly niche audience, or it could actually breakout. 

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3513961/gory-r-rated-cut-meg-youll-never-see/

We shot or even did a lot of visual effects for [gory scenes],” Turteltaub said. “We just realized there’s no way we’re keeping this PG-13 if we show this. It’s too fun a movie to not let people who don’t like blood and people who are under, say, 14 years old into the theater. I was very hesitant to cut out a lot of blood and gore. I wouldn’t have if I thought it was wrecking the story but it wasn’t. It still looked okay. I’ll sit down privately with your audience and take them through some really nasty shit.”

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao I read the comments on that article and saw BKB commenting on there

You should’ve never told me this. 

BKB’s thoughts on The Meg (and his thoughts on Star Wars)

This movie is going to make ALOT of $$$$$ and we're long overdo for this in a time when we've been bombarded with superhero movies, Politically Correct Star Wars sponsored by Disney and Kathleen Kennedy and dinosaur'd to death with the Jurassic World movies, it's a breath of fresh air to see what Hollywood can do for a 75 foot Megalodon with a budget..

$18-23m tracking according to Variety.

Still expecting low teens. 

I’m worried with the rating this is going to be more Shark Night and less Piranha. Even Shark Night was a 15 here in the U.K. 

Edited by Krissykins

26 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao I read the comments on that article and saw BKB commenting on there

I only opened the link after I saw this post.

BKB: Earth's Greatest Hero

What, did someone else at Bloody Disgusting already have BKB and this subtitle was needed?? HaHa!!