grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is it bad that I kinda want this movie to mega-bomb because BKB's stanning for it? :unsure:

Imagine if BlacKkKlansman beats this in the long run. He'll be shouting from the rooftops that America really is racist against white people.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Imagine if BlacKkKlansman beats this in the long run. He'll be shouting from the rooftops that America really is racist against white people.

Which would be counterintuitive anyway, because The Meg is one of those collaborations between Hollywood and China, evident by how the film stars multiple Chinese actors and actresses.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

This movie will likely do double in China that what it does domestically. 

Cant imagine it. How could China possibly earn 1,4B+, when The Meg is basically a lock for 300M+ OW DOM and a 700M+ cume?

Spoiler

Ok, beeing serious for a minute, i see The Meg at a 60Mish DOM cume, so 120M in China looks possible i guess.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well shit, a movie that looks like critics would give it bad reviews may be getting bad reviews. Who would have thought of such a thing? 
:ohmygod:

I think few critics expected more then some mindless, gruesome horror fun; their complaint is the film did not deliver.

11 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've slowly came across the impression that critics seem to not like mindless dumb fun.

The last few Fast & Furious movies would like to have a word with you.

Edited by cookie

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

$18-23m tracking according to Variety.

Still expecting low teens. 

I’m worried with the rating this is going to be more Shark Night and less Piranha. Even Shark Night was a 15 here in the U.K. 

I'm  going with 16.8mil.