K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Sure, I agree that JW is going to appeal to families, but I have to admit that some of the material in there... won't it be too intense for parents to want to take their younger kids to?

Godzilla also didn't have an actual family movie with very strong reviews coming out the week after it We're talking about OW internal multipliers.
Ah, ok. I can maybe see this holding better since the initial reaction seems to be more favorable than Godzilla's

Godzilla also had very poor word of mouth whereas the enthusiasm surrounding Jurassic World will be more of an avalanche with the epic snow ball effect. Every multiplier there is will be very strong for JW.

• Like 1

$70m+ Friday, 170m+ for the weekend, and 425m+ total are all happening.

I'm telling you know so there's no surprise tomorrow.

I'm thinking 80m Fri, 200m weekend, 490m total. B)

• Like 3

$70m+ Friday, 170m+ for the weekend, and 425m+ total are all happening.

I'm telling you know so there's no surprise tomorrow.

I'm thinking 80m Fri, 200m weekend, 490m total. B)

If you believe the WOM is so great, why are you predicting a multiplier similar to TA2 (a movie you claim has horrible WOM)?

$140m =/= $207m

The # isn't what you follow. Follow all the indicators. Every indicator here saying it would be huge relative to expecs of low 100s. 140 was the # I chose, that is clearly going to be very low.

18.5 will probably 20% of it's Friday gross (max) when you consider amazing word of mouth, NBA finals on Thursday night, and the time of year.

Friday will be at least 70 million, and I suspect a good deal higher. I think there's a very real chance the Saturday record falls.