K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Moments like this are exactly why it's good to have the inflation numbers. Helps give some explanation for how a seemingly dead franchise could explode. When you're talking about nostalgia for a movie that would be equivalent to a $750m grosser today (inflation plus 3D/IMAX), that is one enormous ass audience. They were just waiting to come out of hibernation. So there BKB, the inflation numbers aren't just a bunch of bullshit. They help provide perspective in times like this.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 5

I want to reply to tribefan, but I haven't seen the movie D:

(I didn't open the spoiler)

Let's just say given certain amusement parks I've visited and the geosocioeconomic status of the park, I find Gopher's complaints about the product placement to be a bit on the absurd side

Edited by tribefan695

Moments like this are exactly why it's good to have the inflation numbers. Helps give some explanation for how a seemingly dead franchise could explode. When you're talking about nostalgia for a movie that would be equivalent to a $750m grosser today (inflation plus 3D/IMAX), that is one enormous ass audience. They were just waiting to come out of hibernation. So there BKB, the inflation numbers aren't just a bunch of bullshit. They help provide perspective in times like this.

I always try to think adjusted with american box office, it changes every perception you might have about a movie s performance.

WW Box Office in US dollars is a clusterfuck and comparisons mean pretty much nothing.

At first this was just going to be Baumer vs. Gopher, a vicious conflict sure, but a localized one.

Then rth dropped the Number bomb. Now the Nolanites and Marvelians are going to end up allying in a desperate struggle to crush this film. The whole forum will be engulfed. Man of Steel will fall first, naturally.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 3