K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

JP1 was bigger than all of those movies by a considerable margin. The fanbase is huge. Dinosaurs are more universally appealing than superheroes or anything else you want to mention. All of us just didn't want to accept that the franchise could come back to life like this.

Two bad sequels and diminishing returns didn't help us with our predictions  :P

If anyone was wondering whether the prequels would affect SW7, I think this goes a ways toward answering that

• Like 3

I don't think I was ever as hyped for a movie as I was for JW. I simply didn't used that in my predictions. Didn't wanted to end up disappointed. 

Hm.

Hm....

I will remember this.

Two bad sequels and diminishing returns didn't help us with our predictions  :P

If anyone was wondering whether the prequels would affect SW7, I think this goes a ways toward answering that

Hell, I thought Batman was deader than dead...it bounced back and now so has Jurassic Park. Lesson learned that we can't ever count out these mega franchises. Just have to give it enough time and people will get excited for them again.

• Like 1

Yeep, and its only 6:07 eastern: 

https://twitter.com/search?q=jurassic%20world%20sold%20out&src=typd

Somebody said they had to get tix for Monday, since the rest of the weekend is S-O.

There are people getting tickets for MONDAY already  :o

https://twitter.com/AstroRocket/status/609798884496257024

Edited by CJohn

Hell, I thought Batman was deader than dead...it bounced back and now so has Jurassic Park. Lesson learned that we can't ever count out these mega franchises. Just have to give it enough time and people will get excited for them again.

Which is why we shouldn't count out Fantastic Four yet.

I thought "generic summer film" was what mandeep was all about. but apparently jurassic world is where he draws the line.

lol lots of sell outs around here, my friends all say they want to see this. they didn't want to aou it was too dorky

Ga is loving this for sure

I've been occasionally looking at theaters in NYC and none are sold out...

I love how only you and Mandeep are saying there is no hype and no sold out shows :rofl: Haters gonna hate.

• Like 1

Oh god someone on Twitter is going to Tomorrowland, since JW is sold out. Keep them in your T&P.

Brad Bird was supposed to be the chosen one.

Looks like if you give some great directors too much creative control things go south.