K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

GoT's most recent season has been absolute trash. Sorry but it is the truth. Anyway, I don't think GoT would have been a problem. It is the combination of it and NBA that will screw Jurassic World. 

It's picked up in the last 2 epic episodes. But yeah, people can watch GoT on-demand if they really wanted to go cinema instead.

most people only care about/read the estimates anyway since those make the headlines. dumb move by universal by not just declaring they got the record.

You don't think a new OW record will make headlines?

I think it will be bigger news if this in fact did break the record.

No news of box office is very limited anways....and largely reported Sunday night into Monday morning here.

If it broke the record on monday it's not as wide coverage.

GoT's most recent season has been absolute trash. Sorry but it is the truth. Anyway, I don't think GoT would have been a problem. It is the combination of it and NBA that will screw Jurassic World. 

No it's not. It is what it is supposed to be unless you want them to completely detach from the books. I don't need continuous action to be entertained. GoT is first and foremost a "political" drama/fanatasy.

I was 10 when I watched Friday the 13th and Halloween and NOES. 

This is intense, sure but it's not going to keep kids away, unless you are talking about 3 year olds.

Saw it last night. I thought it was slightly better than Lost World which is a decent movie in my book but its boxoffice is truly unbeliavable.

It might be heading for SM1, TDK, Avatar territory admissionwise which is truly shocking.

I was 10 when I watched Friday the 13th and Halloween and NOES. 

This is intense, sure but it's not going to keep kids away, unless you are talking about 3 year olds.

Several kids had to be taken out of my screening last night by their parents. I think some parents forget just how scary the original Jurassic Park movies are.

You're not alone. I was thinking around 175-180M for the OW on Thursday, but I dropped it all the way down to 130 as the Americans on the board were all predicting 100-125, and I figured they are more likely to be right given that I don't live in the US.

But oh well, it's just numbers :) don't worry too much about it.

I've been saying 200+ for Star Wars for months. Not letting everyone else scare me out of it this time. Standing tall and giving it a legitimate chance to topple JW.

• Like 1

Several kids had to be taken out of my screening last night by their parents. I think some parents forget just how scary the original Jurassic Park movies are.

There's a scene where

the Irex chases the two kids and they jump off the cliff.  The Irex just misses them

.  That scene made me jump.  

• Like 1