K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

What's up with Omar Sy ad-libbing lines in french randomly in the few scenes he has: "Merde!" "J'aurais dû le laisser se faire bouffer!" "Tout doux!" "Qu-est-ce qu'il fout?" and so on. It's like he doesn't even try to play a character but himself. It was unintentionally funny and took me out of the movie especially knowing his past career as a french comic, I can't take him seriously.

"Bryce Dallas Howard" is such a cool name. Up there with Mao Zedong, Wolf Blitzer, Bear Grilles, Yao Ming, Thomas Thomas (he exists).

When I went to see The Village and read the cast list, I assumed it was a typo and the movie starred some guy named Bruce Dallas Howard I'd never heard of. 

What's up with Omar Sy ad-libbing lines in french randomly in the few scenes he has: "Merde!" "J'aurais dû le laisser se faire bouffer!" "Tout doux!" "Qu-est-ce qu'il fout?" and so on. It's like he doesn't even try to play a character but himself. It was unintentionally funny and took me out of the movie especially knowing his past career as a french comic, I can't take him seriously.

No one else would know that but a very few people.  

guys i see more and more personn that can go for today and gonna try for tomorrow lol can not imagine the bizz monday :D

Can it be historic? we ll see if the weekdays are huge so sky is the limit cause JW not gonna play like any movie ....

Summer of 1989 was Legendary bro, very vivid memories that summer.  It was Bat mania.  Indy was riding off in the sunset and Ghostbuster had a sequel.  "Honey I shrunk the kids".  Freddy and Jason both had sequels.  Lethal Weapon 2 also dropped that summer.   It was just Big that summer.

vivid memories? I was fuckin 2, lol.

How old are you? 42? 43?

#nepotism

Hollywood is filled with siblings, offspring and such getting into the business.  Seriously, look at names like Drew Barrymore, Angelica Huston, Rob Reiner, Gwyneth Paltrow and Scott Caan, just to name a very very few.

He had an accent too. He was obviously playing a guy that's from France. Not that hard to decipher lol.

OHHHHHH that's Ron Howard's daughter?? I see it now.

#nepotism

Hollywood is filled with siblings, offspring and such getting into the business.  Seriously, look at names like Drew Barrymore, Angelica Huston, Rob Reiner, Gwyneth Paltrow and Scott Caan, just to name a very very few.

Because of that it's so great to see that there are people like James Cameron, a college dropout truck driver who without any connections or money rose to the top of Hollywood.

Edited by KingoftheWorld
  • Like 5

He had an accent too. He was obviously playing a guy that's from France. Not that hard to decipher lol.

A french guy called Barry...Very frenchy name. Were his french lines subtitled for you to "decipher"?

Edited by MADash Rendar

To this day Melissa Rivers is lambasted for "riding her mother's coattails" and Frank Sinatra Jr. was always a punchline. Some everyday people just have a problem with it, even though "taking over the family business" is commonly a right of passage in America.