K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

With big numbers like this the sample size calculations only have to be off a few percent to change the gross by several million. With smaller numbers the change doesn't stand out as much.

Some people seem to have difficulties to grasp this basic math concept so they can bitch about RTH numbers.

• Like 1

If most of the holdovers are doing well despite the monster numbers of JW its because of the many sell outs that cause spillover effect, witch tells me that Saturday will be huge too. I still believe 200 million is a given at this point

Nope.  How does that make sense?

They ll find a way.

Paramount opened a writer war room for the TFCU for Christ's sake.

With numbers like that, you can be sure the dinos are gonna get Kevin Feiged or Fast and Furiousized or both.

Edited by The Futurist

Nope.  With numbers like this, they will green light a sequel.  They're not going to green light 9 more movies.

Okay, lets assume a few scenarios plus my amazing math skills.

Stays flat:

51.5 (-18%)

Increases 5% Saturday

54.5 (-18%)

Increases 10% Saturday (unlikely, but would love for it to happen)

56.6 (-18%)

Though if it got this close, i wouldn't blame Universal for fudging it. I'm probably off somewhere in this calculation, I'm tired. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

This massive resurrection of the JP movie brand continues and strengthens the notion that familiar properties will always keep being rehashed, revamped, rebooted, and remade to death. Not complaining, though. We all like to be comforted by familiarity, and nostalgia is always a powerful thing. Heck, the whole concept of movie stars is based, primarily, on familiarity. That's why our biggest movie stars, even those of recent 'harvesting,' like Melissa McCarthy, tend to play variations of the same character (with occasional detours). Audiences will always support familiarity, and that's ok by me.

• Like 2

They ll find a way.

Paramount opened a writer war room for the TFCU for Christ's sake.

With numbers like that, you can be sure the dinos are gonna get Kevin Feiged or Fast and Furiousized or both.

I hope not.

What other scenarios will they come up with?

How many times will audiences (within the movie) support a big Jurassic park, after all these blood-drenched disasters?

I hope not.

What other scenarios will they come up with?

How many times will audiences (within the movie) support a big Jurassic park, after all these blood-drenched disasters?

I take it you haven't seen the movie then :)

It is made very clear where the sequels will go - and there is room for many, many more films.

Vague spoiler for what will happen in future movies, this is stuff set up in the first 20 mins of the film:

Dinosaurs are not limited to being in a park. InGen wants to militarise the dinos to use in wars, and it is made clear that that's what will happen.

I have an estranged step brother who got into a wacko church in TX that brainwashed him into not believing in dinosaurs...I wonder if he finds this to be the sign of Armageddon. I'm sure all of us who supports this film are heathens in his eyes.

• Like 3