K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I would like to see Pratt as Indiana Jones, but I doubt he is gonna accept that. That would mean 3 mega franchises on his back, 0 time for other movies.

5 years isn't that far off.  And if Pratt commits, no reason they couldn't have it out in 2018.

Depends how busy Pratt is

He's got Magnificent 7 and Passengers now, then Guardians 2 and probably Avengers 3/4, plus Jurassic World 2, and he'll probably want to do some smaller movies in-between

As someone that has followed Chris Pratt since Parks and Recreation up to GoTG, I'm just shocked and very happy for the guy.

He's not exactly the most intense actor but he seems like a very likeable person that both guys and girls would like to be around. At 35, he has a very long career ahead of him (if he continues to get good roles).

As for JW, I'm still trying to process what went so right for this movie. I knew there was buzz for his (certainly more than AOU) but I never saw it breaking any records. I wonder where Universal will take this now because people running and getting eaten in a dinosaur park could get old pretty quickly.

• Like 2

I hope not. Pratt will never be able to pull Indiana Jones. Indy should be professor not some retarded doofus.

What an absolutely stupid, fucking, retarded thing to say.

You're adorable.

• Like 4

Chris Hemsworth could have easily played this role in Jurassic World. It was a painfully wooden and cliched part, and like I said, probably to play better in translations overseas. They didn't utilize anything that we like about him.

Chris Pratt is great, but this movie doesn't solidify anything tbh.

I would like to see Pratt as Indiana Jones, but I doubt he is gonna accept that. That would mean 3 mega franchises on his back, 0 time for other movies.

I think Spielberg and Lucas will 

8006750.jpg

• Like 1

Lego Movie

Guardians of the Galaxy

Jurassic World

What is Chris Pratt's next project? Is it GOTG2? I don't think that films til 2016. Everyone will be looking at Pratt's next project. Star on the rise.

5 years isn't that far off.  And if Pratt commits, no reason they couldn't have it out in 2018.

You have to think GOTG, JW sequels will take priority right? That's asking a lot to have a project that is just in development to become a finished product in only three years. lucasfilm has already said for the moment it's focusing on SW films.

• Like 1

Lego Movie

Guardians of the Galaxy

Jurassic World

What is Chris Pratt's next project? Is it GOTG2? I don't think that films til 2016. Everyone will be looking at Pratt's next project. Star on the rise.

He's doing Magnificent 7 with Denzel and then Passengers with JLaw. Then Guardians 2

Exactly. Choosting the right role (and then doing well with it) is key.

I mean, you don't prove you're a major star by choosing stinkers, you prove you're a big star by building an impressive body of work. That's what Pratt is doing right now.

I guess when people say "a solo role not based on a franchise", that means he won't get any credit for Passengers either, right?

No if Passengers is a success that will clearly be because of the combined star power of Lawrence and Pratt and if the concept is good. 

Edited by babz06

Magnificent Seven and Passengers, but I'm not sure which of them will be out first. M7 is due for January 2017, Passengers hasn't been slated yet.

Exactly. Choosting the right role (and then doing well with it) is key.

I mean, you don't prove you're a major star by choosing stinkers, you prove you're a big star by building an impressive body of work. That's what Pratt is doing right now.

I guess when people say "a solo role not based on a franchise", that means he won't get any credit for Passengers either, right?

Just speaking personally, I wasn't trying to take credit away from Pratt. He's doing a good job building his brand and making smart choices. I've just seen a bunch of actors I like taken down by the internet machine prematurely anointing them superstars and turning on them immediately, lol

What an absolutely stupid, fucking, retarded thing to say.

You're adorable.

Just look at Harrison Ford and then look at Chris Pratt. One of them looks like an rugged and though archeologist and one of them looks like a smug frat boy. And that's just looks, if you compare their acting abilities it's even bigger difference.

Edited by KingoftheWorld

Please no one as Indy but Ford. I would accept Shia's character taking over though

I was ready to reply to that stupid statement but then I saw it was you and just let it go.

• Like 2