K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It's just what happens. Many Marvelites went on the most annoying rants about Marvel's success and other studios' failures when they were on top. It's deserved in many ways. So the cycle goes

We know what is going to happen right?

JW only broke the record because of Chris Pratt who was Star Lord in GOTG (which starred Djimon Hounsou who acted in Elephant White with Kevin Bacon)

Avengers needs no defense, it made its money. But it's getting beaten by the competition and people are just gonna have to deal

All fans have had to deal with this before- Potter fans, the Transformers fans (yes, there used to be Transformers fans here, lol),

Pirates fans, LotR fans, Nolanites. It's time for the Marvelites to take their lumps. Everyone assumes "their" franchise will stay on top forever, until it doesn't

And they make sure to post about it endlessly while it's on top

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 2

I watched the movie and actually payed attention to what was sexist...

Um I did not notice anything what did I miss?

Only thing I can think of is how...

Bryce Dallas Howard's character is the typical works too hard woman who just needs to loosen up and get her some Chris Pratt lovin and D and her life will be all better, etc.

• Like 1

I sense like avatar and Ta

after a year or two people will try to act cool and hipster and say JW was nothing special on this forum.

you mean like as a quality movie? cos I'll jump on that ship quick. it's nothing special. cool ending. i guess that counts for a lot for most people.

• Like 2

Only thing I can think of is how...

Bryce Dallas Howard's character is the typical works too hard woman who just needs to loosen up and get her some Chris Pratt lovin and D and her life will be all better, etc.

How an that be sexist when it's true?

yeah this WEEK end General audience wanted nostalgia but GOOD nostalgia. And JP is one of the most belloved film in the 90 i grew up with. And if had kids 7 12 years old they woul go with me in the theater. That is happening with millions families in US that s why it s opening so hight and your NBA GOT tomorrow is gonna get crush by JW mark my word. This film is playing like no other so....

Avengers needs no defense, it made its money. But it's getting beaten by the competition and people are just gonna have to deal

All fans have had to deal with this before- Potter fans, the Transformers fans (yes, there used to be Transformers fans here, lol),

Pirates fans, LotR fans, Nolanites. It's time for the Marvelites to take their lumps. Everyone assumes "their" franchise will stay on top forever, until it doesn't

And they make sure to post about it endlessly while it's on top

It Ant-Man fails to do 200M that is where everything falls apart and panic runs wild on the streets (I don't believe it will fail to reach the mark, tho). 

Remember how Age of Ultron repeated the third act of the first movie but in a more nondescript and bland location with more scenes of them saving civilians that no one asked for? that was such a cool movie.

I still don't get why we needed so much OMG WE NEED TO SAVE THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE DO OR ELSE WE DIE WITH THEM BECAUSE WE ARE GREAT HEROES scenes. 

When we talk about the end of the Superhero Era in the future, we will talk about this weekend.

We all know why we got those scenes, we didn't need them but we knew we would get them. The internet fans are basically single handedly responsible for those scenes happening.

• Like 2