K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Steve Mason is also a sports guy (in addition to owning a few second-tier theaters). He's one of the co-hosts of one of the most popular sports-talk afternoon shows here in LA.

Cool story about Mason.

One year for the Summer Game, I asked him if he would like to sponsor our game with a cash prize.  He asked who I was and I told him I was baumer on Mojo.

His response, "Baumer?  HA!  I've heard of you.  Respectfully, I'm going to decline on sponsoring the game though."  :)  Mason had heard of me because of the summer game,  LOL,.

• Like 3

Is there an alarm in your head that goes off every time someone says Terminator? :P

Hmm let me try something.

Harry Potter

NOCTIS

Marvel

BKB

KAL

Nolan

Pink

Say it 3 times and they show up like candy man.

• Like 1

I don't understand why anyone would not book their tickets online, especially for a big movie opening weekend. These people complaining about the lines are braindead.

I guess some youngins don't have credit cards but yeah, I can't remember the last time my friends and I didn't buy our tickets in advance on fandango/mt for a big movie opening weekend.

I feel like you are being deliberately ignorant. There was lots of animatronic use in the movie, and if you couldn't see that then I guess that's a testament to just how good they were.

http://www.toofab.com/2015/06/09/bryce-dallas-howard-reveals-touching-set-moment/

Only one animatronic dinosaur was created for the new film, so Bryce and Chris could film an especially intimate and emotional scene with an apatosaurus. -

• Like 1

Mother of God. Didn't you say it was pretty much empty 15 minutes ago? Epic walkups.

People were walking in through the trailers and talking throughout them all. As soon as the logos started though, like half the audience said "SHHH!" I've never seen anything like that when watching a movie

If Terminator is good it will break out.

It's another franchise, like Jurassic Park, that every gen X member roots for.

Agreed, but Terminator Genisys 5 day total will likely be Jurassic World Friday or Saturday numbers. Even if it does well.  Getting woman to see Terminator when Magic Mike XXL is out is unlikely. So it's not going to have any chance at really big numbers. But it should have the older male audience(25 and up) that saw Fury Road and a decent amount of kids 9-16 years old as well. Which will lead to a lot of males 35-45 taking there kids to see it on 4th of July weekend.

Edited by gb0708

You know a weekend number is crazy when it outperforms water's crazy Kal-El range that was compensating for a stubborn refusal to accept that JW wasn't going to have a 2 multiplier for the weekend off a 70 OD.

what are you talking about rth's early number was 70m which was either going to be revised up for an ow of up to 200m+ (which is what's happening) or it could have been revised down for an ow down to 140m (which didn't happen). it was either going to go up or down, rth's numbers never stay the same throughout the day so it makes no sense for all of you to have been using his 70m number when it was clearly going to change. i was never expecting 70m to be the final number so i was never predicting 70 friday 140 weekend. my range was accounting for how much the friday number could go up or down, either down to 60 for 140 weekend or up to 80 for 200 weekend. and i was right on the "up" end

Edited by water