K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I will do an attendance breakdown once we get a 3D split in the morning but ATM it looks like ~21M tickets will be sold this weekend for JW.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's not going below 207, whether it goes below 207 or not  ;)

I think it gets the record comfortably though. 210 or so. Sunday spillover was a big thing when Avengers set the Sat record

I would love it if actuals came in at $207,438,710, a 2$ margin just to make it seem more realistic than a 1$ margin

I would love it if actuals came in at $207,438,710, a 2$ margin just to make it seem more realistic than a 1$ margin

I fully expect Universal to smudge some money over from Monday if it was anywhere close to finishing behind Avengers.

Edited by Tubes

I don't think they'll need it. 215+ IMHO.

I still remember when estimates put Fast and Furious over The Lost World for the biggest opener Universal had at the time, only for actuals to knock it under.

5th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:45PM: Industry calculations tonight are pointing toward an opening weekend of $200M for Jurassic Worldwhich would make it the second biggest domestic opening of all-time behind The Avengers’  $207.4M all-time title. After posting a $83M Friday, JW‘s Saturday is coming in precisely where most expected it to be, down 20% from Friday, putting the second day for the dino redux at $66.8M.  Most think Sunday will decline another 22%. By the time the fifth NBA final game airs tomorrow night at 5PM PST/8PM EST, the thinking is that it won’t taser the dinosaurs’ momentum.

Deadline did have it at 78M last night as well, so they may be off again.

Edited by grim22

I still remember when estimates put Fast and Furious over The Lost World for the biggest opener Universal had at the time, only for actuals to knock it under.

Never mind, too many damn sequels.

Edited by lab276

I wonder how it will effect other upcoming movies. TA fucked up everything for the next three weekends. JW will face tougher and better quality competition but it is now officially big enough to hurt other movies. If JW is playing as well with the families as these numbers indicate then Inside Out may become collateral damage next weekend.