K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Yall are only searching "Jurassic World sold out". Remember, some people arent calling it JW, but "Jurassic Park", like me.

• Like 1

I fully admit that I use sports as a way to give myself a sense of purpose in my life where at times I feel utterly bereft of one. Not everyone can (or should) be a heroic crusader, some of us have to be the sheep that they keep in line.

That's shocking to read. Why sports and not something else you value more?

At the weekend of AOU, no one would ever say that JW would be more massive and would be the one challenging TA for best OW xD

even a week ago no one would go in if someone made 200m+ OW for JW!

This is what is cool about tracking BO numbers, the unexpected is always better

and no one had to die IRL for this to become a phenomenom:X

Yeah, I was out running errands since my Mom is coming home from the Hospital today and drove past RONNIES'S 20 CINE/IMAX and it's packed.. Good shit folks.. :bravo: 

Your mom is being released from the hospital? That's great news. Happy for your family.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Playboy: You make quintessential guy movies. Do you have an secret nonguy hobbies?

Tarantino: It's more a matter of guy things that I don't do. I don't hang around pool halls. I don't play poker. And I don't go to sporting events. To me, torture would be watching sports on television. If I go to Dodger Stadium, that's ok, because the game is secondary to the beer and the environment. One thing I don't understand is that average American movie-goers cannot watch a movie for three hours, yet they'll watch a stupid, boring, horrific football game for four hours. Now, that is boredom at its most colossal. I have a lot of little theories, and one of them is that nobody really likes sports. But men feel they should like sports, so they act as if they do. I also feel that way about the Who. I don't think anybody really likes that band. Everyone thinks they're supposed to like the Who, so they just pretend. They're afraid to say that the emperor has no clothes.

Personal taste and Tarantino is being an elitist prick there

• Like 1

And if we average how much estimated drops have been overestimated we get an average of 8.6%. That means if we apply this to JW we get a 16.7% drop to 59.72 or a 212m weekend

• Like 3

Is FF7's 740m (350m + 390m) a record for the highest domestic+china gross? Wonder if JW can beat that.

By 2020 we will have a film that does 1b dom+china.

• Like 3

Sunday is definitely going to increase over estimates. Possibly $57-60 million, instead of $52 million. Way too many sell-outs today to drop that harshly. 

It's literally replicating yesterday's business thus far.

My prediction is a $212 million OW after a $59.5 million Sunday.

• Like 1

Sunday is definitely going to increase over estimates. Possibly $57-60 million, instead of $52 million. Way too many sell-outs today to drop that harshly. 

Yup. I definately agree.

It would have been a letdown if it didn't get at least $60M on Sunday.

Where's Rth when we need him?