K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

also some say that they think Star Wars might underperform. What reason would there be for that to happen? The only thing I can think of is that there were still lots of Star Wars TV shows, books, video games etc. in the last ten years thus already satisfying SW fans enough to not be that excited for a new movie but I doubt it. 

There are people who expect it to take down Avatar. It's gonna do really well but expectations, as always, are getting out of whack

You should watch Safety Not Guaranteed again. Trevorrow is a relationship guy, he is not a scifi guy

I agree but I don't see the relevancy. He has directed a successful mega-blockbuster, other studios will want him.

• Like 1

Despicable Me 2 did 370M, why would the third one have "no chance" whatsoever at 350M? It is possible, whether you like it or not.

It has nothing to do with liking it. I really like the two previous film. I think it would be great if it did 350M but I really don't think its possible

also some say that they think Star Wars might underperform. What reason would there be for that to happen? The only thing I can think of is that there were still lots of Star Wars TV shows, books, video games etc. in the last ten years thus already satisfying SW fans enough to not be that excited for a new movie but I doubt it. 

Underperform as in crazy expectations some box office enthusiasts of this forum sometimes have.

Well no shit, Self/less has a chance to out gross Avatar if we look at it that way.

Umm no. You don't even have to take it that far. Minions is a juggernaut waiting to explode, for obvious reasons stated here 100 times already.