K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Just fuck me now get it over with, biggest take ever for Friday theatre sample, nights not over, now have to see how end of night tracking ends up

Someone call an ambulance, I'm having a heart attack!

Star Wars now has a legit shot at OW record, I could be wrong but what else could this massive opening mean?

I still think it opening in December will prevent it from getting an OW record.  SW will be about crazy legs imo.

• Like 1

Just fuck me now get it over with, biggest take ever for Friday theatre sample, nights not over, now have to see how end of night tracking ends up

See what I am talking about Futurist?

That sample... ya damn size queen

Since the wreview was the same as TA1's midnights, does that mean this is going north of 80m?

if you think it's ok for people to villainize me for the 140 then i can take credit for the 200. people asked how 140 was possible and i gave my reasoning, just like how if they had asked how 200 was possible i would have given my reasoning. in both cases it would mean that the 70 number was incorrect, which as it turns out it is.

No one's villainizing you for anything. Your reasoning was a bit dubious, but whatever, we all have our ways of estimating. What I find bizarre is your steady downplaying of the numbers (using the lowest of the estimates, using weak multipliers, etc) all through the day, even saying you were hoping the movie wouldn't beat MJ2 because you were worried it might be sexist -- in other words, you were prejudging it and spinning the numbers as negatively as you could. But you suddenly proclaim that you should get credit for accurately predicting the highest of the numbers?... All along you've done nothing of the sort.

As a counterpoint to your approach, people like Grim similarly put out a fairly low OW prediction when the Thurs night numbers came out, but he steadily adjusted his predictions upwards as the new information came in.

There's nothing wrong with being wrong about predicting an OW or having a movie over/under-perform beyond your wildest expectations. What's confusing is the seeming lack of self-reflection in what you're actually posting.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 8

I was at the mall 20 minutes away, in Forever 21 of all places, and ran into a couple old high school friends. They were rushing out. Where to? Jurassic World in IMAX. They looked excited as hell too. Man, this is just flat out CRAZY.

Shocked.gif

• Like 1

TDKR was horrible

AOU was worse

JW is what a summer blockbuster should be.  Loud, fast, furious, incredible effects, and dinosaurs kicking the shit out of each other.  I want to see this two, maybe three more times.  So much fun...and Pratt is awesome.

Baumer you're building my hype too high!

• Like 1

It won't get a 2.6x if it's getting mixed reactions. I haven't really heard anyone say they loved it either. Most we can hope for right now is 400m. Anything extra is just gravy.

That's not necessarily true.  I know lots who loved it.  I don't think it's mixed at all.  Just Gopher (he doesn't count) and a few others hated it.

• Like 2

I still think it opening in December will prevent it from getting an OW record. SW will be about crazy legs imo.

Star Wars is going to be interesting to follow... I think preview numbers will be nothing short of massive, mid-December be damned. $30 million plus for sure, maybe even DH2 range if it starts at 7pm. Then I could see Friday day business suppressed more, with a big jump Saturday and great holds through the week.