K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

This could be a primo example of sellouts having a spillover effect on other movies

Or... people could see nothing and wait until next weekend to see JW?

Most people can't afford to go to theaters every week. ;)

So i wake up, open the forums, read the title and go "what the hell?!" I mean, i didn't underestimate it as some people did but this is a whole other level. Damn...

Everybody underestimated this thing. People who are crowing cuz they "only" underpredicted by 50M instead of 70-80M are making me laugh

Like, I was reading through this thread and Excel posted that article of his 10ish times :rofl:

• Like 1

Yep, this has been like Avengers 1's OD, not Ultron's. I still remember the board exploding when Rth first dropped the 80M OD bomb

Wasn't around at that time, joined here in late June of that year. Can only imagine how crazy it must have been.

Have to say, biggest summer upset since TA and TDKR. But the difference is that TA2 released first and there was still enough demand in the marketplace due to it not dominating as it was expected to.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I thought the 120M projections were high.

It's amazing what nostalgia for a franchise will do.

Makes me more excited about December.

It really is impossible to guess what SW will do the week before Christmas.

There will be guesses all over the board, and some people will eventually be right, simply because it has to come in at some number.

But really, there is zero data to use to figure out how big something can be on that weekend.

• Like 1

If JW beats AOU domestic....Will Whedon bend the knee to Lord Trevorrow?  I thought he was British because of his name but he's actually American but I'm still going with it

got-game-of-thrones-29893926-245-245.gif

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

There will be guesses all over the board, and some people will eventually be right, simply because it has to come in at some number.

But really, there is zero data to use to figure out how big something can be on that weekend.

Well right now its fairly obvious December will get its first 100m OW ever when Star Wars comes out. Just how much above that. 

Everybody underestimated this thing. People who are crowing cuz they "only" underpredicted by 50M instead of 70-80M are making me laugh

I'm not crowing. I acted surprised, didn't i. Just saying some people went really low. 

I'm not crowing. I acted surprised, didn't i. Just saying some people went really low. 

I know, didn't mean to direct that at you specifically, sorry if it came out that way. Your post just brought that thought to my head

its good to be Chris Pratt, the new king of summer

Think about how iconic and memorable RDJ is with the character of Iron Man, or Evans is with the role of Cap, or Pratt is with StarLord, or Harrison Ford is with the character of Indy (or Han). And now realize that Pratt did that to StarLord in just one movie.

• Like 2

Dat BSG question tho:

14) Will the top 10 movies add up to more than 185 million?

Didn't even need the other 9. Pure insanity.

For nearly the entire audience this weekend, JW might as well be the only movie that exists in theaters. :ph34r:

Dat BSG question tho:

14) Will the top 10 movies add up to more than 185 million?

Didn't even need the other 9. Pure insanity.

And I just noticed that none of the 15 questions relate to JW. baumer didn't even know where to start  :lol:

• Like 1

True... one thing we do know.  That will be the craziest weekend ever on BOT.

As a PP already stated....

It's likely SW7 previews will be crazy... they might challenge DH2.

That will set the forum expectations on a record OW.

Friday could be muted because kids are in school ( not mine )

That will generate a record number of WWW threads on Saturday.

Then we wait and see what happens on Sat/Sun.

I'll already looking forward to that weekend.

• Like 2

And I just noticed that none of the 15 questions relate to JW. baumer didn't even know where to start  :lol:

I noticed that while answering. Seemed weird that there was no "Will Jurassic World make more than 12M for previews?" or similar questions.

Wasn't around at that time, joined here in late June of that year. Can only imagine how crazy it must have been.

Have to say, biggest summer upset since TA and TDKR. But the difference is that TA2 released first and there was still enough demand in the marketplace due to it not dominating as it was expected to.

In other words: summer 2015 > summer 2012 :)

• Like 1