K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Who cares about AoU. This is about JW. It's gonna thump 'em all. Bats, Supes, Iron Man, Katniss, Bella, Harry. Chris who? Joss who?

Now, how big's Guardians 2 gonna open with Pratt's star power? $175M+?

Calling it now... New OW champ. JW's got it. Cat's in the bag... Bag's in the river.

It does make 1 wonder that if TLW were released today instead of 1997, if it would've grossed 200M OW instead of the 72M it did??

no doubt about it i'd say given it was a OW record at the time itself which it held onto until Harry finally knocked it off some 4 years later....

However who cares about opening weekend record lol. That was never a goal.

Yeah, nobody cares about opening weekend record here. That's why this thread is this short and uneventful. We don't care about records at all.

• Like 1

and i'm pretty sure i've got both of the JW questions you gave me correct 

1) will JW open above 110m... err... done deal ;)

2) open to 9m+ in australia.... 2.7m OD .. it's heading for 12m / 13m + at the moment so yeah.. (considering i answered yes to both now all i need is Entourage to crash by > 60% friday to friday and Aloha to bump by at least 20% on sat and the individual points are mine  :ph34r:  :bop:

You might be the only one who gets your individs right.  :)

• Like 1

Let's not get ahead of ourselves before the official numbers are posted, otherwise, we'll have to contend with the so called "disappointment" like we did with AOU and the early numbers posted for that and weren't even close in the end.. That was a clusterfuck of a weekend..

That weekend was hilarious.

• Like 2

Let's not get ahead of ourselves before the official numbers are posted, otherwise, we'll have to contend with the so called "disappointment" like we did with AOU and the early numbers posted for that and weren't even close in the end.. That was a clusterfuck of a weekend..

I agree. But, instead of the pettiness of those you mention let's revel in two OW over $191M+ in the same blockbuster season. Unreal. Both gargantuan beasts.

• Like 1

Deadline:  

1). Jurassic World (UNI), 3,274 theaters / $78.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $181M / Wk 1

2). Spy (FOX), 3,715 theaters (+4%)/ $5M Fri. (-52%)/ 3-day cume: $16.3M (-44%) / Total cume: $57.4M / Wk 2

3). San Andreas (WB), 3,535 theaters (-277) / $3M Fri. (-61%) / 3-day cume: $10.5M (-59%) / Total cume: $118.7M/ Wk 3

4). Insidious Chapter 3 (FOC), 3,014 theaters (+12)/ $2.8M Fri. (-74%) / 3-day cume: $8.6M (-62%) / Total cume: $38.7M / Wk 2

5). Pitch Perfect 2 (UNI), 2,677 theaters (-726) / $1.5M Fri. (-42%)/ 3-day cume: $4.5M (-41%)/ Total cume: $169.1M / Wk 5

6). Entourage (WB), 3,108 theaters (0) / $1.3M Fri.  (-64%)/ 3-day cume: $4M (-61%) / Total cume: $25.5M/ Wk 2

7). Mad Max: Fury Road (WB), 2,234 theaters (-486) / $1.2M Fri. (-49%) / 3-day cume: $3.94M (-50%) / Total cume: $138.2M / Wk 5

8). Tomorrowland (DIS), 2,540 theaters (-472)/ $1.2M Fri. (-46%) / 3-day cume: $3.91M (-41%) / Total cume: $84M / Wk 4

9). Avengers: Age of Ultron (DIS), 2,156 theaters (-315) / $1.1M Fri. (-42%) / 3-day cume: $3.5M (-45%) / Total cume: $444.6M / Wk 7

10). Love & Mercy (RSA), 573 theaters (+92)/ $454K Fri. (-29%) / 3-day cume: $1.5M (-30%)/ Total cume: $4.5M / Wk 2

Notables

Me and Earl and The Dying Girl (FSL), 15 theaters/ $60K Fri. / Per screen avg: 13K /3-day cume: $202K / Wk 1

• Like 1

I just hope that if estimates come in at, say, 180m, people don't act as if it's somehow a disappointing number.

Disappointing is not a word that can be used with this anymore.  Most of the members here had this pegged at less than 120 mill OW.

• Like 1

That's Excellent, but again, a far cry than 200M plus which proves we shouldn't get too excited before the official numbers come out.. Now Noctis, you look like an ass now for saying what you did now the movie comes in 20M less than what folks are thinking..

Deadline is spitballing.  They have no idea how much it will make this weekend.  And their number is way low if they think it won't make more than 180 mill off an 80 OD.

• Like 1