kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

7 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

What's wrong with that?

This needs to do very well for an Agatha Christie cinematic universe.

It's a modern song, it doesn't fit a classic murder mystery story set around the 20th century. 

• Like 1

Not too fond about the trailer as I thought I would be. But it's still pretty ok. 

Branagh delivered with the accent, the ham, and the 'stache though. That's what most important I suppose. 

So, still excite. 

Edited by Sam

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's a modern song, it doesn't fit a classic murder mystery story set around the 20th century. 

Yeah if they wanted to modernize it a bit they could have used an old song and did a new arrangement or a new song with an more old fashioned or classical arrangement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah if they wanted to modernize it a bit they could have used an old song and did a new arrangement or a new song with an more old fashioned or classical arrangement.

A classical concert piece of some kind (can't think of any off the top of my head just yet), would have been way more appropriate in this case. 

• Like 1

I was on board (really liked that POV single take presentations of all the characters) until that anachronistic abomination played out. What's up trailer people with their Imagine Dragons boner lately? Like this is supposed to make Agatha Christie more appealing and cool for millenials?

I think Bernard Hermann's like screeching violins and a classical orchestration evoking the sound of a steam train gaining traction like a revisitation of Bowie's Station To Station intro would have fit better.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I mean there's no way Doyle doesn't write a lush melodic score for this so there's no point getting hung up on the music choice.

I'm just saying that specific music choice ruin this specific trailer not the movie.(I mean it's obvious it's not an indictment of the actual score, duh).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I'm just saying that specific music choice ruin this specific trailer not the movie.(I mean it's obvious it's not an indictment of the actual score, duh).

I just don't see the point getting bothered by it (especially when it only kicks in over the title) if you know it has nothing to do with the movie. Seems like a waste of energy.

• Like 3

Maybe it's because I've never really heard of Imagine Dragons(what a name)? I know they have a reputation here but I really don't think I've ever heard one of their songs.

I dunno. The music was pretty far down my list of qualms with the trailer. Hope the next one picks up the slack.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I mean there's no way Doyle doesn't write a lush melodic score for this so there's no point getting hung up on the music choice.

Something akin to Phillip Glass's work for The Illusionist seems right to me.

Love that tracking shot through the train with the characters profession's coming up in front of them. Felt very fresh.

Then that silly out of place song at the end made me laugh out loud, so kind of ruined it.

Girl on the Train (no pun intended) numbers.