jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

Are some people honestly arguing that JW doesn't "deserve" to make this kind of money but TA did? Give me a break.

I like avengers a lot and havent sen JW yet, but I take the Original JP over avengers anytime. So i am hopping it goes past avengers.

Are some people honestly arguing that JW doesn't "deserve" to make this kind of money but TA did? Give me a break.

Will JW be in my top 5 films (for the yea at the end of the year? Nope

Is it better than The Avengers in almost every way? Yes

Am I happy to see it making gobs and gobs of money? Yes

Dose it deserve to make the money based in the quality? Eh but here we like to follow box office and seeing something do huge numbers is always fun, and its not a bad film by any means in fact its pretty good so I'll take it.

I think this is going to fall much less then people expect on Wed. Let's look at the first Wed drops of the top 6 June movies:

MoS: -21.8%

TS3: -11% (following a -3% drop on Tues)

RotF: -19%

AoE: -25.7% (following staying about even on Tues)

PoA: -5.1%

MonstersU: -15.3%

Low drops are definitely possible

It's only now looking back at the 47 other superhero movies that have come out where the avengers starts to look a bit more generic. In may of 2012 though it was phenomenal, more so than JW is right now.

VAL☆彡 @supervalteng 10 hil y a 10 heures

so we didn't know tuesdays are discount days at the theaters. tickets were only $5.50... but it was packed, and jurassic world was sold out.

See?  That a proof that the JW audience expand more than the usualy GA but who does not know tuesday is discount in the US and canada.

Maybe people who goe rarely to theater that s why i don't see a huge drop for today if someone want to see the movie he goes.. nomatter the day, discount or not

It s just an event movie everyone want to see it but can't so they return but can't and so on....

When you have a lot of 50years+ in a theater for a blockbuster you know it's gonna blow.

VAL☆彡 @supervalteng 10 hil y a 10 heures

so we didn't know tuesdays are discount days at the theaters. tickets were only $5.50... but it was packed, and jurassic world was sold out.

See?  That a proof that the JW audience expand more than the usualy GA but who does not know tuesday is discount in the US and canada.

Maybe people who goe rarely to theater that s why i don't see a huge drop for today if someone want to see the movie he goes.. nomatter the day, discount or not

It s just an event movie everyone want to see it but can't so they return but can't and so on....

When you have a lot of 50years+ in a theater for a blockbuster you know it's gonna blow.

The cheap Tuesday prices are inconsistent. Canada seems to have a lot more of it than the U.S. In the towns I have lived, none of the theaters have offered a discount on Tuesday.

• Like 1

The cheap Tuesday prices are inconsistent. Canada seems to have a lot more of it than the U.S. In the towns I have lived, none of the theaters have offered a discount on Tuesday.

Yeah I just found out last week that a theater near me, that I have been going to for years, has discount Tuesday.  They don't advertise it and may be new, but it was just weird to see.

The cheap Tuesday prices are inconsistent. Canada seems to have a lot more of it than the U.S. In the towns I have lived, none of the theaters have offered a discount on Tuesday.

Everything is bigger in Texas included movie prices.

Everything is bigger in Texas included movie prices.

Is a regular 2D adult evening in Texas $13.50? Because that's what I paid for JW in Dublin, California (near San Francisco). My state could well have the most expensive movie tickets in the country...

EDIT: I see other people brought up CA as well. (And inflation may be outpacing the rest of the country, exactly two years ago a similar 2D adult evening ticket to Monsters University, at the same location, was "only" $11.50 or $12.50.)

Edited by TServo2049