#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I'll take a theater of rambunctious little kids over a theater of obnoxious texting and talking teenagers any day of the week.

Hard to say. Very much a lesser of evils choice. I'll agree in that at least the kids are too into the movie and just don't know any better. The teens and older are just disrespectful jerks.

• Like 1

I'll take a theater of rambunctious little kids over a theater of obnoxious texting and talking teenagers any day of the week.

I'll take neither. Both are a credit to shitty parenting. My folks would have dragged my ass out of the theater and gone home if I acted like some of the kids you see today.

• Like 1

Someone who puts their own desires above their child's?

I'm not a parent but if my desire was to see Planet of the Apes, in full knowledge of the type of movie it is, then I would know that taking my child would ruin my experience :P

Sure they do, and it makes sense. If Friday is 26, then Saturday should about about 24.5 and Sunday about 20-22.

There's your 73 mill

I can't fault them for following the drops of the past 3 June Pixar releases but none of those were breakouts. I see flat/slight increase tomorrow.

Never realized that people disliked (hate even) Pixar so much. I love most Pixar films, but then again I grew up with them. I would like to hear why and how people could dislike a movie like Up, but to each his own.

No one hates Pixar like I do.

• Like 1

Never realized that people disliked (hate even) Pixar so much. I love most Pixar films, but then again I grew up with them. I would like to hear why and how people could dislike a movie like Up, but to each his own.

They don't.  But anything extremely popular and loved is going to have it's share of very loud detractors.  PIXAR is wonderful and aside from a couple of missteps has put out a very high quality product for 20 years.

• Like 5

Up is a shallow, dull movie that panders to people who want to feel intelligent.

I have grown up with Pixar films but the way I see it, they had some great movies when they were starting out, but once they got consistently successful they stuck to a fairly formulaic method of mainstream filmmaking that makes their movies all feel like you've seen it before - something which they try to hide by having different settings (e.g. varying between cars, toys, animals, etc.) while maintaining the same dreary style as the previous one.

Edited by Treeth Simanton

I'll take neither. Both are a credit to shitty parenting. My folks would have dragged my ass out of the theater and gone home if I acted like some of the kids you see today.

The only person I know who texts during a movie is my mom. Then she wonders why the plot is so hard to follow

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

You can get teens kicked out. We're pretty much shit out of luck with kids.... Speaking of which, these 2 kids next to me kept blabbing and their mom kept leaving. She comes back and apologizes to them because she had a phone call... Umm, I think I'm the one who needs the apology lady.

Moving on... The movie was great! Is it too early to talk Jurassic world spoilers on here?

The ending was my favorite part but there was a part in the middle where we visit the old park... God that gave me goosebumps. And then they play the Jurassic theme? So awesome, nearly brought on the waterworks.

• Like 3

Up is a shallow, dull movie that panders to people who want to feel intelligent.

I have grown up with Pixar films but the way I see it, they had some great movies when they were starting out, but once they got consistently successful they stuck to a fairly formulaic method of mainstream filmmaking that makes their movies all feel like you've seen it before - something which they try to hide by having different settings (e.g. varying between cars, toys, animals, etc.) while maintaining the same dreary style as the previous one.

Well I guess I am an unintelligent hack. I wish I could watch big people movies but they hurt my small brain 2 much.
  • Like 4

Please tell me that Finding Nemo is one of those good ones