#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

the whining on the internet about how Avatar doesn't "deserve" it x 250.

It would be hilarious because every defense of Avatar more or less comes down to how much money it made, and if a merely okay "homage/sequel/whatever" to an all time classic beats it... oh boy.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Avengers just barely missed it. :)

Now if we're comparing it to a film that could open to over $80m...

don't underplay it. for weekend two avengers had to go against dark shadows.

hey guys, remember dark shadows?

• Like 2

Actually, 125 would be in play without even getting ridiculous. I mean? Where would be the limit after such a big friday jump?

46,2 (+32%)

44 (-5%)

I am not even gonna think about this as a possibility. Right now I would be happy with anything over 100M 2nd weekend.

It would be hilarious because every defense of Avatar more or less comes down to how much money it made, and if a merely okay "homage/sequel/whatever" to an all time classic beats it... oh boy.

jurassic world will become the highest grossing movie of all-time. and then six months later star wars will become the highest grossing movie of all-time.

I have said it. let it be done.

• Like 10

JW is like a demonic truck lol you can't stop it

with conservative number:

111 m ...

I want to say that Saturday jump is huge and incredibly unrealistic. But I don't even know what realistic is with this movie anymore.